Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cholestasis / itchy mom syndrome

Options
  • 15-12-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Morning All,

This time last year I was nearing the end of my pregnancy and was diganosed with Cholestasis better known as itchy mom syndrome.

I was induced 3 weeks early and had a very healthy baby girl on St. Stephens Night thankfully.

Im just wondering if anyone else had this blood disorder while pregnant? I know I am likely to get it if I decide to become pregnant again - but what are the chances? How does it effect my next pregnancies? Will I be classed as high risk?

Anyone else got any Cholestasis stories and what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Hi,
    I also had cholestasis which was picked up around 30 weeks. I was put on Ursofalk and VitK from 32 weeks till I was induced at 36+5. AFAIK you have to be induced by 37 weeks.

I had to have a C section but Thank God my little man arrived safely. He had bad Jaundice and had to stay in for a week. I thought this was because of the Cholestatis but I was told by the nurse it wasnt.

I was told that I would definately get it again next pregnancy and that I couldnt go on the pill as it would create the same symptoms.

Advertisement