Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

need to replace an inner tie rod end on an Audi A3

Options
  • 15-12-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

need to replace an inner tie rod end on an Audi A3 (1997)... it failed the NCT for this one thing, can't find anyone to do it and my NCT runs out on the 1st of Jan.... is it a big job, what would be involved if I did it myself?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

CamperMan wrote: »
    need to replace an inner tie rod end on an Audi A3 (1997)... it failed the NCT for this one thing, can't find anyone to do it and my NCT runs out on the 1st of Jan.... is it a big job, what would be involved if I did it myself?

Thanks

Failed it for the exact same thing last week on my Leon. €90 fitted main Skoda dealer so would expect something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Thanks... phoned Longford VW and they can fit me in this Friday

CamperMan wrote: »
    Thanks... phoned Longford VW and they can fit me in this Friday

It's a quick fix, half hour labour is all I was charged so make sure they don't try sticking something stupid in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

EPM wrote: »
    It's a quick fix, half hour labour is all I was charged so make sure they don't try sticking something stupid in

they told me an hour.. 55 euro + VAT for the labour

Try ringing a Skoda dealer. They had a price list in time terms for all items like this on the wall. Labour rate seemed to be a bit cheaper too...even though in saying that the difference will be minimal and if it's convenient...

• Advertisement
Advertisement