Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pairing phone with Mercedes cradle

Options
  • 15-12-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi.I have recently purchased a cradle for an E220 January 2006.My phone is a Nokia 6300.I have tried to pair it with the cradle via bluetooth but it doent seem to recognise the cradle for some reason.Anyone any ideas?Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

isn't the bluetooth supposed to pick up the phone and the cradle just charges it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Try pairing from the car rather than from the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Go to the bluetooth menu on your phone while the car is running, do a serch for bluetooth devices. Chose the car, you will be asked for a code (more than likely 0000) and it should pair then. Your phone should have an option for auto connect so select this and you're away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

colm_mcm wrote: »
    isn't the bluetooth supposed to pick up the phone and the cradle just charges it?

I think Colm has picked up the major problem here.

I'm pretty sure Bluetooth isn't standard on that model, it's an old style kit where you put your phone in to the cradle.

If your phone doesn't fit the cradle, then there is a Mercedes Bluetooth part that fits in to the cradle - turns the kit in to a normal Bluetooth Kit and EPM's option should then work.

I had an E200 Elegance for the weekend and it didn't have Bluetooth. it had a plug in the armrest to connect either a cradle or something to though.

OP, did you just plug your new cradle into this plug?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭targus

targus wrote: »
    Hi.I have recently purchased a cradle for an E220 January 2006.My phone is a Nokia 6300.I have tried to pair it with the cradle via bluetooth but it doent seem to recognise the cradle for some reason.Anyone any ideas?Thanks in advance.

Thanks lads,but my 13 year old got it sorted! In trying to 'pair' the phone I was searching for bluetooth instead of a 'device' so thats the reason it wasnt getting picked up.

Thanks for all your contributions.

A happy ending!

Advertisement