Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question re. pregnancy test

Options
  • 15-12-2009 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

My period is due this Friday 19th. I also have my Christmas party that night and don't want to drink if I am pregnant. Will I get an accurate result if I do a pregnancy test on Thursday 18th, one day before my period is due? Which test is the best for doing a slightly early test. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

First response (the pink one) claims up to 3 days before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

First Response is actually 6 days before a period is due. Vel, test with the first urine of the morning as it's more concentrated and will pick up if there are any pregnancy hormones in your body better than if you tested later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Thanks guys! I will purchase a couple of First Responses on the way home from work. This is our first month trying since we decided to have No. 2 (No. 1 is just over 9 months - am I mad?!:eek:) I have been feeling really 'off' and queasy the past few days and it could be all in my head, but we were successful first time around last time so who knows!

I might do one when I get home as I'm particularly impatient :rolleyes: and depending on that I'll do the other with the first wee of Thursday morning! If it happens to be positive I'll have to come up with some excuse for not drinking on Friday :D

Let us know the outcome!! My DD just turned one (at the weekend!!) and I'm 30 weeks pregnant with number 2, so you're not mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lalalulu

Adrieanne!! You are 30 weeks pregnant!!! Noway i saw a post saying you were expecting again but i didn't realise you were that close!!! Congrats :)

• Advertisement

Haha! Thanks Lalalulu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

Friday is actually the 18th. Just so that you'll have your dates right. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Nitxteha

If I were you I would not drink even if the test was negative, sometimes it takes some days for your body to produce enough hormones for the test to detect the pregnancy. If you don´t want people at work to become suspicious say you are on antibiotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Well, there will be no drinking for me at the Christmas party today :D!

I ended up buying two packs of tests without realising there were 2 in each so I ended up with 4. I then drove myself mad by doing them over the last few days. On the first two I could see a really faint second line but wasn’t sure. I then did one last night and the second line was a lot stronger but still a bit faint, so this morning with the first wee of the day I got a second line as clear as the first

Despite it being planned, I’m still in a state of shock and wondering how the hell I’m going to cope if I get a serious bout of morning sickness like I did last pregnancy!:eek:

Only four weeks gone so there is a long road ahead

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congratulations Lady. Fab news.

You probably have at least a week before MS sets in if it's going to hit so enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Congratulations! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

Congrats. Keep us posted!

Congratulations Vel :D

Advertisement