Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TV Project

Options
  • 15-12-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

My name is Josef and I'm working on a TV project at the moment dealing in part with modified motors and the people who drive them. Basically, I'm looking to contact young guys and girls who are into modified motors. I was wondering if you knew of any upcoming events, big or small, over the next few weeks or so where people who are into modified motors might be gathering together?

Or maybe you might know of some young guys/girls who might be available for some filming - with their cars? Maybe you would be interested in taking part yourself. At the moment we are working on a pilot so we would need people aged between 17 and 23 (ideally within striking distance of Dublin) who would be up for an hour or so of filming and a quick on camera interview.

If you could let me know, I would appreciate it, my email address is josefoshea@hotmail.com.
    Thanks for your time, Josef

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Will it be on TV or is it a project for a Media course?

Norma might like to get a bit of Air time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hack_daniels

Hi,

Yes, this is for a major TV project, we are at the very early stages at the moment and we are trying to quickly contact people who might be interested in taking part - ideally next weekend - in or around the Dublin area, if you and maybe some of your friends and interested, get in touch.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

This stinks of something like a prime time "expose".

Beware, often these guys want footage and
    don't care who's lives are ruined in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

for some reason I get the feeling this will be a condecending look at kids in Glanzas. I've never seen anything positive about young people and modified cars on Irish TV

colm_mcm wrote: »
    for some reason I get the feeling this will be a condecending look at kids in Glanzas. I've never seen anything positive about young people and modified cars on Irish TV
    Or worse Colm, or worse: See below:

As I recall the cops did this in Florida in a Major sting operation.

They duped a load of young car enthusiasts into acting the ghoul on the public road, and filmed the resultant, and many many lads did heavy jail time.

If you don't know this guy personally don't turn up,
    and remember that the camera never ever forgets ! :D

• Advertisement

I doubt it will be as bad as that V300, I'd just be concerned at the way any volunteers will be shown on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Id love to see something positive but sensationalism sells. Bet the guy with the 7" exhaust gets on because hes a victim of the man. :(

@OP - Id suggest you contact reputably owners clubs, the ones that do track days, dyno days and other positive stuff like raising cash for charity's.

I doubt it will be as bad as that V300,
    Forewarned is forearmed and all that jazz.

Hi everybody,

Plenty of contrasting views there. All i can say is this is for a pilot so what we film now will NOT be transmitted. We are looking to do a bigger project and this will tell us if it is viable and give us something to work with. It's not a prime time expose, it's not a scam, it's not a media studies project.

Basically, if anybody is interested in giving us an hour of their time at the weekend to be interviewed about car culture and young people, we would appreciate it, we promise not to use our fiendish mind control techniques to make you do anything silly. This time.

So get back in contact if you are interested and if you want me to call you and explain it further, mail me a number.

Thanks again - Josef

It's not a prime time expose, it's not a scam, it's not a media studies project.

I note you didn't rule out that this was a law enforcement sponsored project.

• Advertisement

I'll post this thread on an owners club I'm a member of.

Most of the cars in question would have modifications, but maybe not extreme enough for you.

Hi v300,

Ok it's not a law enforcement project either. If you have any further questions feel free to message me directly and I will try to put your mind at ease. In fact, if anybody wants to message me directly to talk about taking part, i'd be happy to hear from you, thanks,

Josef.
    PS Colm - we are not looking for extreme modifications - this is purely about young people and their cars, we just want to get a couple of people standing in front of their motors chatting about why they are into the scene, what it costs (I know insurance can be a real stretch), what you have to sacrifice, how other road users tend to regard you and so forth.
    If you could post it on your club website, i would appreciate it,
    thanks for your help,
    Josef

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

You're only gonna get Honda round these parts boy :cool:

Graham, I'll go out with the Civic if you go out with the Teggy ;)

Graham, I'll go out with the Civic if you go out with the Teggy ;)
    Your's is modified?! :p

I'll let someone else go along and see whats what first!!!

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Your's is modified?! :p

I'll let someone else go along and see whats what first!!!
    Yes, got her lowered 40mm today, doesnt look like a monster truck anymore and put my red nuts on so the wheels look great :'D pics tomorrow :P

Got any DC2 bits ya dont want/need? :P

I'll have two badges after xmas, one red, one...silverish!!!

Lowered it, nice one! Next time in going to Tallaght I'll send you a pm to see this car of yours

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I'll have two badges after xmas, one red, one...silverish!!!

Lowered it, nice one! Next time in going to Tallaght I'll send you a pm to see this car of yours
    Genuine red Honda one?

My back one has gotten rather faded and the H is peeling, might nick it from ya ;)
    Ya, or even near Churchtown, as I go to school there :L

Or text me? Shall PM my number if ya like ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Please!
    Some of us drive fast cars :D:p

SV wrote: »
    Please!
    Some of us drive fast cars :D:p
    I was referring to the cars worth noting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You'll be referring to the European ones so..

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    You'll be referring to the European ones so..
    I think you had a brainfart, european is pronounced jap-a-nese.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Remind me what it is you drive again

jackncoke wrote: »
    Remind me what it is you drive again
    A Honda ;)

Which is getting plenty of strut braces and tie bars over the coming months :P

A Honda ;)

Which is getting plenty of strut braces and tie bars over the coming months :P

A Honda what?jazz?

Second last post on page 1 of this thread says it. Civic.

I don't think you should be as quick to insult other peoples cars when you're obviously insecure about your own little car.

Goodnight

jackncoke wrote: »
    I don't think you should be as quick to insult other peoples cars when you're obviously insecure about your own little car.

Goodnight
    Can you please quote me where I directly insulted another persons car?
    And why would I be insecure about my own car? Is somebody in a bad mood or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Locking this as its gone off topic, keep contact with the OP to PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement