Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 520d good/bad deal or wait

Options
  • 15-12-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi all
    Can get a 520d late 09 model business edition with leather+bluetooth for 40K, straight deal cash, first time looking at such a car but drove one and loved it, is this a good deal at the moment, seems ok or should one wait till new year and new BMW 5 series as this will probably affect the prices also but you can always wait forever there is always something else going to happen. But with recent price drops this seems good value. Not many models online in the uk at present
    any advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Aren't they around that brand new?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

EPM wrote: »
    Aren't they around that brand new?!?

520d SE - €40,380 new according to website

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

is it an M Sport Business edition or SE Business edition?
    Manual or auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Bad deal. Brand new SE Business Edition will cost you around €43500 before any discount, i.e. probably very little more than what you're paying

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Bad deal. Brand new SE Business Edition will cost you around €43500 before any discount, i.e. probably very little more than what you're paying

+1

Go in to your local BMW dealer and see what unregistered stock he has, or what is on the way.

5 Series orders are closed now for the current model, so it's only what's in stock.

All the cars have the upgraded style 244 alloys as an extra (about €158 on the manual) and the majority of them have the Sports Steering wheel on them too. Rather than spending €40k on an ex. demo model, spend €43 on a 2010 reg brand new model, but don't delay too much as stock is already beginning to get low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Isn't the 5-series getting revamped next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

New model will launch toward the end of 2010. I wouldn't be buying the old model unless the deal was a cracker.

New model will launch toward the end of 2010. I wouldn't be buying the old model unless the deal was a cracker.

Pricing for the new Model will be available in March with first deliveries scheduled for end June / early July.

Business Edition of the 520d costs €1,800 more than the standard version but gives you Dakota Leather (€2,400), Bluetooth (€1,100), Business Navigation (€1,100 ish I think).

The Nav isn't great and not worth paying for, but the Bluetooth and Leather are worth the extra and the BMW run out models are usually very good value to begin with and pretty well sort after used.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

hi

should have clarified, this is the SE Business edition, Automatic with the leather and bluetooth package included. 3 months old approx 4K on the clock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

Would OP not be better in the long run waiting for new model 5 series on the basis that the current model will take a big hit when new one arrives or would the new model be a lot more expensive?
    I suppose there will be no good deals available on new model anyway?

• Advertisement

skippy2 wrote: »
    hi

should have clarified, this is the SE Business edition, Automatic with the leather and bluetooth package included. 3 months old approx 4K on the clock

Brand new for 2010 a non-metallic black would cost you at least €45,000 for the auto version.

Suppose it depends how long you are thinking of keeping the car for as to whether it's worth saving €5k + by going second hand, or waiting for 2010 and a brand new one.

I don't think the new model is going to hit the resale values of the E60 too hard, as there aren't going to be that many 09 2nd hand cars around in 2-3 years.

Advertisement