Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Office and other software

Options
  • 15-12-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey, just sharing this, i got myself MS Office at a student price here http://www.software4students.ie/Default.aspx and also if you're studying at ITB you're entitled to free software with the MSDN Alliance.
    I got windows 7 proffessional for free with them, worth a look, can't remember the exact process, but i'm sure you can figure it out, if not ask the system guys in E block.
    MSDN link http://www.msdnaa.net/search/schoolsearch.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Ye I got loads of software off the MSND including Win 7 :)
    It's well worth a look

You can get ANY software free if you know where to look.

I got my Win 7 Ultimate and MS Office 2007 free :cool:

Although the MSDN is cool

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You can get ANY software free if you know where to look.

I got my Win 7 Ultimate and MS Office 2007 free :cool:

Careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Careful now.

Down with this sort of thing.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Careful now.
    I was.

I worded it so it didn't imply anything ;)

I never do anything illegal when it comes to computers ;)

Oh, and I just stated something which is widely known.

Edit/delete the comment if you wish ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 babyblue84

hi folks,

i had a look at the MSND website but cant figure out how to register to avail of the free software.. anyone able to shed some light?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

babyblue84 wrote: »
    hi folks,

i had a look at the MSND website but cant figure out how to register to avail of the free software.. anyone able to shed some light?

Thanks!

If your a student at ITB you should have gotten an e-mail about you password and a link to the ITB portal to the website.

Go through your old E-mails in your student a/c

:) Hope this helped

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

donfarrell wrote: »
    If your a student at ITB you should have gotten an e-mail about you password and a link to the ITB portal to the website.

Go through your old E-mails in your student a/c

:) Hope this helped

He's right :)

It will most likely be one of your first emails on the student email account ever. If you deleted it, email the IT lads and they can send you a new one I'm sure.

Advertisement