Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with wiper

Options
  • 15-12-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I have a 99 Alfa 146 that I use as a back up car. I have the following problem with it:

The front wipers won't work. Its a multi-function stalk (standard FIAT group number, same on 145/146, Bravo/Brava and 156) and it controls the front and rear wipers and front and rear squirters. Everything else works fine except the front wipers. I've checked the fuses and they are fine. I've checked the contacts from the stalk and they seem ok.
    Is there a seperate motor for the front and rear wipers? Or anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK the stalks on the 146 are different to Bravo/a and 156.
    I think they're the same as the Tipo though. Alfa one has rear heated window switch on the stalk.

Not much help I know!

Have the wipers ever worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

If you flick the wipers on for the front, go out and check
    to hear the wiper motor buzzin/working. Sometimes the nut holding
    down the wiper linkage comes loose. Usually a 12mm. If its this
    a trip to your nearest breakersyard is in order.

Advertisement