Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai scrappage offer

Options
  • 14-12-2009 11:35pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.hyundai.ie/contentv3/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageID=17804&parentID=8748

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the new scrappage scheme or about this offer? €8,500 seems a bit too good to be true for a new car.. I assume there must be a catch.. Do Hyundai not have a good reputation? Does the car you're scrapping have to be under a certain age?

Thanks. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the offer is part of the gov's scrappage scheme.

The i20 for €1000 more is good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Add another couple of hundred for delivery and dealer charges. White or red unless you want another colour you can add another €400.

That car is pretty basic hence the price. Hyundai's, IMO, are good cars with a good dealer network and backup.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My current car is a (cringe) 1995 Peugeot 106- surely they won't give me €3,500 scrappage for that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Posy wrote: »
    My current car is a (cringe) 1995 Peugeot 106- surely they won't give me €3,500 scrappage for that? :confused:

Your car is old enough. If you have current tax and an NCT then you will get €1500. The other €2000............... you will have to check with the dealer but I would assume everybody should get it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You need NCT and tax to scrap it- makes sense in Ireland I suppose! :D

• Advertisement

you don't need NCT, as long as the car failed an NCT that's enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Renualt are offering good discount too along with the government scheme. Hyundai i20 would be a good little car. The i10 is a toy tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Aye, tbh, think the clio for under 10k€ would be a better car than the i20

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Aye, tbh, think the clio for under 10k€ would be a better car than the i20

Is clio under €10k now with scrappage?

mickdw wrote: »
    Is clio under €10k now with scrappage?
    Think so

http://www.irishscrappage.ie/

Guess it would be these prices minus 1500€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,001 ✭✭✭✭unkel

10k for a Clio seems much better value compared to those lowest end Korean cars...

Probably alright, remember those i10's and i20's are actually built in India now, still though, have'nt driven either so couldnt possibly comment, on the resale value front though, i'd deffo be goin with the Renault

Drove the i20 when they were launched. they're actually really good. standard spec is good too.

Renault have the clio with 1500 trade in allowance, 1500 scrappage & then 320 government allowance making it 10670.

All the government regs on scrappage say 'up to €1500' rebate. Does this mean that you have to be buying an expensive car to get the full 1500 or do band A cars get 1500 & band B get Less?
    renault only seem to be giving 320 more off than they were before government announced this

• Registered Users Posts: 65,001 ✭✭✭✭unkel

All the government regs on scrappage say 'up to €1500' rebate. Does this mean that you have to be buying an expensive car to get the full 1500 or do band A cars get 1500 & band B get Less?

Last I looked you get the full 1500 but only if the car is in band A or B iirc. You get nothing in the other bands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

renault only seem to be giving 320 more off than they were before government announced this

Well its not band based, as the diesel engine versions show a 1500 government reduction (band A), and the Twingo petrol also shows the 1,500 reduction (Band B).
    Don't think its individual emissions based because both the 1.2 Clio and the 1.2 Grand Clio are 139 g/km, the former is 320 rebate, the later 1,500.

I don't know why certain models have only the 320 reduction, don't think its cost based either because the petrol Twingo is cheaper list price yet qualifies for the full VRT rebate.

Isn't it funny that the Clio's with the most emissions are called 'Eco'. :D

Unkle is right, there is no rebate for cars in emission band C or above.

http://www.renault.ie/pv_pricelist_index.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The government scrappage rebate is off the VRT payable on the car.

If the amount of VRT chargable on the car is less than €1,500 you'll only get the whatever the VRT amount is. If the VRT is €1,500 or over, you'll get the full VRT amount.

Can't imagine there are that many cars with less than €1,500 VRT.

Advertisement