Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault 19 Coolant pipe on manifold.

Options
  • 14-12-2009 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I have a 1995 Renault 19 1.4 Petrol Engine. I found a water leak in one of the pipes which turned out to be a broken metal pipe caused by corrosion. This pipe as far as I can see might be going into the manifold. Just enquiring does this pipe just slot into the maifold and held in by and sealed by a rubber O-Ring? or is this pipe part of the manifold and needs a replacement manifold. A rubber coolant pipe slots over this metal pipe.
    Cheers for the help. Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is the leak close to the manifold? If theres enough space you could always cut the pipe back between the leak and the manifold, then use a longer rubber hose and connect to the new bit. A motor factor will have the rubber hose. Cheap diy fix ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Is it the metal pipe that runs behind the exhaust manifold at the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If it's the pipe behind the exhaust manifold, IIRC it just pushes in (with O ring) at the water pump end and is held with one bolt at the thermostat end.

It is not part of the mainfold and will probably cost around 40-50 quid from a main dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mazerooni

Cheers for the replies but it is not the exhaust manifold side sorry for not mentioning that it is at the inlet manifold side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Ok, for such a specific question about a cooling pipe on a 19 you probably need to ask at
    http://www.retro-renault.com/

The poster Chris H will know the answer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement