Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you's think?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hello :p

So, the story is that I have been looking for a 125cc bike for the past few weeks and have decided that I think I would like to go for a Honda nsr125, any opinions?

also, I have narrowed it down to these two

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/02/50847602.html

http://www.scottsbikes.ie/detail.aspx?ID=3566157

I haven't contacted anyone yet so don't know much about the detaisl just wanted an opinion first of all thanks guys :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

what age are ya??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dgea

I am 22:)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

id go for the 99 if it was me,a nsr is a nsr at the end of the day and a good lil bike to own and take abuse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

they both look straight from the pics

I'd be particularly careful buying bikes like these mind (learner sports), as imo theres a higher risk of them having quite an abused life..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Can I ask why you're limiting yourself to a 125?

A restricted 400/600cc would be a better learner bike IMO, much more stable and will have better brakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

I've had:

YBR 125

Ninja 250R

Fazer 600 S2 ABS

I felt safer on the Ninja than the YBR and I feel safer on the Fazer than on the Ninja.

You can get a great second hand 600 for p1ss money at the moment. Slap a restrictor on it and your laughing.

Only thing I would say against starting off on a 600 is that the weight might be a bit much if youve never been on a motorbike. Get lessons on a 125 or 250 and have your own bike as a restricted. 600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

are the older (pre 03) nsr 125's not a fairly high insurance group for a 125?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

seanybiker wrote: »
    are the older (pre 03) nsr 125's not a fairly high insurance group for a 125?

I think they may all be grouped into a big 125cc group based on some of the quotes I'm seeing lads get these days

but yea, pre 03 used to be in the same ins group as rvf/vfr's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I drive a 01 NSR and as a learner sports bike it does the job just fine. Bring a mechanic when you are going to look at it, it will cost a few bob but its worth it for the peace of mind it will give you that you wont be looking at a new set of stanchions in a few months time (That hurt....).

You will find yourself getting a bit bored of it after a few months and if I was doing it again I'd look at something a bit bigger and getting it restricted.

Insurance wise I'm on 435 for this year with TPF&T as its my second year getting insured (This might be a bit higher if you have not got any training levels done) Give quinn a shout or check online and see what they will do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I've a restricted fazer, aside from the dodgy lights, i'm ****ing loving the yoke, as donk said, it's quite heavy :( one sleepy morning i forgot to put the side stand down all the way, once it reach that magical angle there was no way of saving it from going clunk :( bike alright, few scratches, nothing serious.

But yes, amazing bike, when restricted, it can reach 156km/ph more then enough umph to overtake even at motorway speeds. Don't quote me on it, but the insurance on bikes work out around the same anyway, prob 100 maybe 200, my 3rd year on a provisional (no claims either), insurance (fire and theft, third party) on the restricted fazer was 800, not bad imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement