Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transit issue

Options
  • 14-12-2009 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

My van has been haveing a little problem recently. going through the gears at about 2 - 2.5k revs it kinda burps looses power and takes off again. anyone know what could cause this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Dont suppose it was cold out/van was just started was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

nope been running for a while and its was cold outside but the engine is warm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Gearbox fluid may not have been

????????? its definitly an engine problem the power feels like it dips momenterily

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Coilpack?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

coilpack on a diesel ????? no. id try changing the fuel filter. what year is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

Sounds like diesel filter, had to do mine on Friday. If you keep going it'll feel like its losing power and very sluggish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Crank speed sensor?

demag wrote: »
    Sounds like diesel filter, had to do mine on Friday. If you keep going it'll feel like its losing power and very sluggish.

its coughs and it does loose power

its a 06 transit btw

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

HI
    My brother had a similiar sluggish problem on his 08 transit. Although the engine management light was on too. The EGR valve had to be replaced. If there no warning lights on the dash it could be the mass airflow meter (MAF) as this can be working but not 100% and so doesnt show up as a fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

Does it happen when you accelerate after each gearshift? That's when the engine needs a shot of fuel again instead of a constant feed, if the filter is clogged it'll hesitate after each gearshift.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Is it leaving heavy smoke behind when it gets sluggish? I'd nearly bet its an EGR valve.

nope no heavy smoke and it happens at between 2700 and 3k revs on the motorway. it does feel like a coil pack problem if that makes sence on a deisle

Advertisement