Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Possible Headgasket Failure

Options
  • 14-12-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

My auld ones Seat Arosa last Saturday the little over heating indicator came onto the dashboard, ya know the one that looks like a thermometer it started to flash red.

The needle didnt move past the 90 mark, so had a look at the expansion bottle and topped it up as it was dry.

Then this evening she told me theres a burning smell inside the car, so i go for a test drive and sure enough there is a smell coming from it, poped the bonnet and looked under the filler cap and sure enough there is a bit of white creamy stuff under the cap.

I probably know the answer to this but its looking like the headgasket is wanked, going to the mecanic tomorrow to do a sniff test, but it looks to be a formality.

Anyguesses on how much a headgasket will cost?? 1998 Arosa 998cc.

Appologies to those who thought my own car was on its way out :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

would ya not get her a Starlet?

Prob need timing belt, water pump, head skim and gasket kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    would ya not get her a Starlet?

Prob need timing belt, water pump, head skim and gasket kit.

The timing belt and water pump got done at 31,000 and theres only 58,000 on it now.

Looks like my blue Corolla will be taking that award.

Advertisement