Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simone Weil

Options
  • 14-12-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone on here has read any/much of her stuff? What did ye think of it?

Someone is doing a reading group for Gravity and Grace next semester, wasnt going to do it because theres other stuff that I thought id be more interested in, but checked this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_Weil, and almost definitely going to do it now id say. I really like the sounds of her from that article anyway.

If anyone has any advice on something that might be a good intro to her work (never read anything by her), or any internet lectures on any of her books itd be great if youd point me towards it.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ocianain

Read her, Intimations of Christianity Among the Ancient Greeks, powerful, powerful book. For a lack of a better word I would say her, SOUL seemed to leap off the page. The essay, Iliad Poem of Might, is the only rational argument against the death penalty I ever read. That this was written by a French Jewess who was more Catholic than most Catholics, but never entered the Church, only adds to the wonder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement