Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New fiat bravo, just shooting my self in the foot?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So thinking of buying a new car in the new year (second hand) and the new Bravo has caught my eye. I suppose maily as you can get them for next to nothingwith hardly any milage on them too.

Thing is, I own the old version of the bravo at the moment, and to say its given me heartache is an understatment, but I like how the car drives.

So how is the new bravo, have they ironed out the faults does anyone know? electrics was always a biggie with Fiat, Maybe the price is that low for a reason?

What think ye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Market is different than it was in the 90's. plenty stylish alternatives around for similar money.

How much are you getting the car for and what year is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

The new Bravo is probably the best looking car in that class. Build quality is good these days, should be no reliability issues. What engine you thinking of?
    What year was your old Bravo? The older 1.4 in the old model were crap alright, the newer 1.2 was many times better!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭BrianD3

If you are doing average mileage the car has a big advantage over many in the class as it has a 4 year/100,000 km manufacturer warranty. For someone doing average mileage, that is twice the warranty that they'd get on a Focus or Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

I have the 01 1.2 80 sx bravo at the moment.

I like the look of the Bravo and to be honest I wouldnt be travelling too much, prob average about 8 - 9000 miles a year and as i say, i do like how the car drives. I wouldnt be too worried about a resale value on the car, its more a reliability issue for me I suppose.

I was looking at the 1.4 t-jet multi sport in the new bravo.

Advertisement