Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nissan gt-r who is taking over?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭

I am aware that EP Mooneys sadly ceased business recently. Looking purely at Nissan Ireland and the GT-R website it mentioned EP mooney was the sole GT-R dealer. I was wondering who is going to take over sales and servicing for the GT-R now ? (A few disclaimers... I dont have a GTR and cannot afford one and I'm aware that in the current economic times not many people have GT-R amounts of cash sitting burning a hole in their back pocket... its more an out of interest question).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

well I'm sure any Nissan dealer will take over servicing. I would also think that one could be ordered through any nissan dealer. Was it not just EP Mooney was the only one to have one in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I believe they were the only ones capable of the nitrogen tyre refills no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I spoke to the guy in EP Mooneys a couple of days before they went. Two of them were in Spain I think driving GT-Rs and the mechanics were apparently trained up. They weren't expecting the European spec GT-Rs to arrive in Ireland until March as apparently thats when Europe was getting them (despite the fact that the UK has loads of them). Also he couldn't give me any idea whatsoever what the new price would be as they hadn't been told. A bit of research I would imagine would conclude that they would be (roughly) the price of a new M3 given what they sell for in the UK.

I must say that I am gutted for anyone losing their jobs or any business closing down, and I wish them all the workers the best however on this occasion I felt a little underwhelmed by their lack of knowledge on what they were supposed to be Ireland's only main dealer on.

(I also had another issue with them that really left me annoyed but it's water under the bridge now)

I take it on board what others have said and I have read several threads and by all accounts they seemed to be a decent bunch to do business with. I can only comment on my own first hand dealings.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

I believe they were the only ones capable of the nitrogen tyre refills no?

Beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

The-Game wrote: »
    Beat me to it!
    By a good hour :P

Thank me later :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement