Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car remapping?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

hey was just wondering has anyone remapped theyre cars recently, im just wondering what they thought about the remap? was it worth the money, how many mpg were lost with the remap and such?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Do a search there have been loads of threads on remapping lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Definitely worth it for me.

I remapped a TDV6 rrs and it went from 195 to 235 bhp. MUCH more responsive. Totally different to drive.

Did it using a switchable solution from evolveyourcar.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭celica1994

i like the idea of the remap. would bring my 130bhp passat up to 163bhp but to be honest im more concerned about loosing mpg, i changed to this car cause i needed a car with good fuel ecconomy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

My MPG went from 27 to 31 after the remap. Different maps give different results for mileage an bhp increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

celica1994 wrote: »
    i like the idea of the remap. would bring my 130bhp passat up to 163bhp but to be honest im more concerned about loosing mpg, i changed to this car cause i needed a car with good fuel ecconomy!

I'm pretty sure the American Government have regulations about that sort of thing. Something to do with that amount of power warping the space/time continueum (sp?) and they simply can't let that happen.

Probably banjax the clutch in no time - doesn't take too much on a Passat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭celica1994

your prob right, i hear the cluthces are a bit doddgy on passats, and my mechanic told me that it would cost 900 euro for a clutchjob on the passat!

Advertisement