Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Christmas Road Safety Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Tough message, nicely put together, their ads seem in a different league to anything the RSA does.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The RSA could never afford to put an ad on TV in this country for that long unless TV3, TG4 and RTE give them the entire ad break which frankly they will never do.

That was hard to watch because it does actually happen on our roads.

It would make you slow down as much as not drink.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I fixed that video for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Not watched the ad (yet), but they'd (RSA) do well to get idiots to turn on their lights when it's pitch black outside as a start :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It amazes me how many people drive around with no lights on when it is dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You shouldn't need a campaign to get people to turn their lights on at night. there should be heavy penalties for the idiots who don't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You shouldn't need a campaign to get people to turn their lights on at night. there should be heavy penalties for the idiots who don't though.

There are plenty of laws for this already. We don't need new laws just proper enforcement of all traffic laws not the just the ones that make a nice bit of money with no proof required.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

what-is-the-correct-following-distance.jpg

busads20.jpg

We need more humour in road saftey ads, somebodys allways getting killed or maimed, I think it's making motorisits numb to the real dangers and making others paranoid to the point there driving everywhere at 50km and won't overtake for love nor money, please Gaybo, give us a bit of humour this christmas.

This has nothing got to do with road saftey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

If this Ad does not stop people drink/drug driving nothing will.
    Very progressive and thought provoking, this should be shown in every country, or parts of it between now and christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I watched some more of the ads from the TAC and I have jumped from shock a few times. They're very well done and very hard hitting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If this Ad does not stop people drink/drug driving nothing will.
    Very progressive and thought provoking, this should be shown in every country, or parts of it between now and christmas.

If nothing will then why has drink driving instances reduced since the 1980's and why do people in their 20's now call people idiots if they drink drive yet they wouldn't have done this 20 or 30 years ago.

Obviously stuff can make people change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

Cabaal wrote: »
    If nothing will then why has drink driving instances reduced since the 1980's and why do people in their 20's now call people idiots if they drink drive yet they wouldn't have done this 20 or 30 years ago.

Obviously stuff can make people change :)

I think if we had ads on TV like this 20 years ago maybe we wouldnt still have such a problem with drink driving.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I think if we had ads on TV like this 20 years ago maybe we wouldnt still have such a problem with drink driving.:)

TV channels never would have allowed it as they would have lost money :)
    Different culture at the time....you have to remember even 10 years ago some people found Fr Ted offensive :rolleyes:

Advertisement