Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Year Aero

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Any one have any info on the 3rd year subjects for aero? Would be really helpful!

mainly care about the the aero subjects, (aircraft maintanence, aircraft vibrations and flight mechanics) but any info on any of the other would be good too!

Just wana gauge how much im going to have to live in the library next semester....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭oisin_t

ooo also (while i think of it) if any one has any useful info about picking out an fyp and which lecturer they reccomend!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

if i remember right, there is some interesting subects that semester. the course starts to get more aero based.
    when i was in third year for flight mechanics cranfield uni flew over a 20 seater plan that was kitted with some mesuring devices so that so we could do some flight testing.
    the pilots alos put the plane into some of the modes which was great, and stalled it! all very controlled of course

aircraft vibrations is pretty hard though, not sure how i passed it to be honest.

before i did it a friend said that third year was possibly the most important semester. if you do well it sets you up for a good degree, if you do bad it can make fourth year very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭oisin_t

yeah flight mechanics sounds sweet!!!

il keep an eye out for aircraft vibrations too if its the toughy. will have to bury my head in the books this semester so id say!

do you know when fyp choices have to be made?

any recommendations for fyp lecturers?! heard Andy Niven was very good

thanks alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

You make your FYP choice around week 9-10 in the second semester in third year, you should find out what one you get around week 12.

Advertisement