Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone fancy giving me a few lessons?

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

I've never dj'd before in my life but it's been something i've been wanting to try for years.

I've seen the courses on offer in various places in Dub but i can't afford anything near that cash at the minute! But figure i should at least touch a set of decks before i think about buying!

I was wondering if any boardsies could show me round a set of decks for a few hours someday or whatever time suited them. Or if you could reccommend someone who could give a few lessons?

If they didn't mine a regular/weekly slot i'd pay the going rate for it even, or a few cans or whatever!

As money's a factor atm, i'd be leaning away from vinyl djing so maybe somebody doin digital/cdj, less scratching more mixing also! I've also got a macbook and hear traktor's a good program?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Where are you living? Have to checked out the countless tutorials on youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Living in Dub, originally from the north.

I figured it would be a better idea to at least set hands on a set of decks before i go out and buy them! (which is where all the online tutorials and the vault of internet knowledge will come in handy :D)

Is it a case of i should buy 2nd hand 1st (thing is i don't know even know what i need! Is it as simple as 2 decks, mixer, speakers?) and just put some hours in?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'll give you a walk through no worries mate - I have a digital solution with a Vestax VCI-100SE and Traktor.

What sort of music are you into etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

That's magic Zascar, thanks very much.

Into all genres really so fairly open minded!

Just sent you a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

If they didn't mine a regular/weekly slot i'd pay the going rate for it even, or a few cans or whatever!
    :pac:

Maybe have a look at the stuff on YouTube and decide which route you want to go down, digital with an all-in-one controller like Zascar's Vestax, CDJs, or a digital set-up with a mixer and a controller, like a few of the other lads here, then you could ask whoever has the set-up you want to show you theirs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement