Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi LED Lights kit

Options
  • 14-12-2009 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Has anyone here had experience with the Audi LED Light kit (Seen on all 2008+ Audi A4s etc) These are the LED lights that are always on when the car is on which line either the top or bottom of the headlamp unit.

I've seen prices online from $400 to £199, has anyone any experience fitting or buying these in Ireland?

http://www.essexracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=1179

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Unless you own an Audi already factory fitted with these lights and you need to replace them for some reason, don't do it, they'll look ****, they're the new Lexus Lights. I saw a set of a later 1990s Astra for gods sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Just to address this before the rants start piling up.

The OP didn't ask whether you liked the lights or not, whether you think they're cool or not... They asked for experiences of fitting/buying them.

Please keep your post on-topic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

I saw an Audi A4 2001 the other day with these lights fitted, it looked good. Hence my interest in these lights. Unfortunately I've a 2006 model, so I dont think these lights will work in it, any thoughts?

Basically I think there may be more expensive LED kits out there (Just the strips), than these LED full head lamp kits. I just want to copy what the New new Audi's have, the 2008 models and up and I was looking for advice on how to do this :)

betafrog wrote: »
    You want something like this...

Bingo, thats exactly them, the question is how do they compare to the real Audi A5/A6/R8 lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

They should release a kit to remove those poxy LEDs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Bluefoam wrote: »
    They should release a kit to remove those poxy LEDs

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

-Chris- wrote: »
    The OP didn't ask whether you liked the lights or not, whether you think they're cool or not... They asked for experiences of fitting/buying them.

*ahem*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

*ahem*

Bless you.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

I haven't fit a set onto anything but i know people who have and they were very easy to do, you can pick them up relatively cheap on eBay etc if you know the measurements, most motor factors will have them too, even check halfords as research then buy elsewhere cheaper haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Can we have a new kit to improve the new buttons on the site. Its a great looking site, but these make it look poor...

98953.jpg

• Advertisement

Aye, checking them out on Ebay, will go for a set, and see how I get on.

Has anyone here bought a LED strip set and fitted it, any pics going??

The-Game wrote: »
    I haven't fit a set onto anything but i know people who have and they were very easy to do, you can pick them up relatively cheap on eBay etc if you know the measurements, most motor factors will have them too, even check halfords as research then buy elsewhere cheaper haha

Have the people you know got any pics, would appreciate a look in before I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

BluE-WinG wrote: »
    Have the people you know got any pics, would appreciate a look in before I buy.

Not that I'm aware of but i can check, they were being put on customers cars now so I'm not sure whether they got any pics but worth a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Yeah. It should be up to them if they want to make their car look like a council flat at Christmas.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Infraction given. This is the last time we'll put a warning on this thread lads. Let's keep this on topic.

Advertisement