Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for new pregnancy

Options
  • 14-12-2009 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I just found out my SIL is expecting. It is her first and the first in the family, I was thinking of getting her a book about pregnancy.

Could anyone recommend a book that they found useful? Or suggest a different gift?

I haven't had any kids so I am a little lost but I am hoping to get something thoughtful but also useful.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Little Miss Cutie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

"What to expect when you're expecting" bt Heidi Murkoff seems to be the bible. I find it very good myself. But you'd have to hurry because I'm sure your SIL is probably looking into buyint it herself!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 houseman

Depends on her personality. I have a serious one and a funny one. And am reading both simultaneously and its great :) Will pm you with names this eve when i get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 horselala

You should buy your brother "From lad to Dad"

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

Go to www.babyroom.ie

Great website.

Hi all,
    I just found out my SIL is expecting. It is her first and the first in the family, I was thinking of getting her a book about pregnancy.

Could anyone recommend a book that they found useful? Or suggest a different gift?

I haven't had any kids so I am a little lost but I am hoping to get something thoughtful but also useful.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Little Miss Cutie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

houseman wrote: »
    Depends on her personality. I have a serious one and a funny one. And am reading both simultaneously and its great :) Will pm you with names this eve when i get home.

A funny one? Post the name please, I could do with a laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I bought a couple, and have to agree with other poster...What To Expect is gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I found what to expect a bit heavy going and a bit like a study guide for a student midwife it was so technical :eek:

I got a really good one called the rough guide to babies by kaz cooke..its the right mix of laugh out loud funny and serious and tells you everything you need to know

If you want to get her something non book related why not get her a voucher for a private scan? Or buy her a doppler so she can hear the baby's heartbeat...my hubby bought me one of these early on in my pregnancy and it was the best gift I could have gotten. Its very reassuring to be able to hear your little one's heartbeat whenever you want

Advertisement