Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xone:1D vs Kontrol X1

Options
  • 13-12-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on ads, which got me thinking, for the same price, which would be a better controller for Traktor alongside a mixer?
    Xone1D_front.jpg

NI-TRAKTOR_KONTROL_X1_Contr1.jpg

Looks to me like the X1 has a lot more buttons, and would rely a lot less on shift/buttons with more than 1 function. But then again, the 1D has the possibility of controlling four decks.

If the X1 does turn out better, why is the 1D nearly €100 dearer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cuz its made by a&h :)

i bought the x1 the other day off thomann, ill let ya know what its like next week hopefully :D

watched a lot of movies of the 1d on youtube before i went for it and the mapping looks handy enough, the build quality looks more professional than the kontrol x1 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i bought the x1 the other day off thomann, ill let ya know what its like next week hopefully :D

But it's not out until the 1st February? :confused: Or did you mean the 1D?

A&H are great obviously, but Native Instruments' stuff is also pretty good, and the X1 is specifically for Traktor, wheras the 1D is geared more towards ableton it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sorry man, thats what i meant, bought the 1d.

yeh i was usin ableton before my laptop broke and only started usin traktor now so ill use it for both :D

but yeh, the x1 is desingned pre mapped and designed specifically for traktor but wheres the fun in that!

plus i can say i own something made by a&h!! brand whore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

It is an attraction alright, but I think the X1 just has more scope for Traktor control, especially for stuff like hot cues etc.

Advertisement