Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scenic area for a get away?

Options
  • 13-12-2009 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

can anyone suggest a nice area in Galway for a weekend away? looking to book a b n b for a weekend with my boyfriend and he'd love somewhere with nice views and scenery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

can anyone suggest a nice area in Galway for a weekend away? looking to book a b n b for a weekend with my boyfriend and he'd love somewhere with nice views and scenery.

Yes, Connemara.

You cant go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

ye might like this place
    they have a hostel in leenane and another in the burren
    looks great from photos and reviews
    http://www.sleepzone.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Definitely Delphi. Went there earlier this year on Supervalu offer. Three nights b and b for €75 apiece and the walks and scenery are to die for. A trip to nearby Connemara National Park in Letterfrack is a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lou08

The Renvyle House Hotel in Connemara - my boyfriend and I went there twice - really nice, fab food in the hotel too.
    If you were going in the Summer it would be even nicer - theres a heated outdoor swimming pool, lake with row boats, loads of walks, a beach....and best of all if you have a dog you can bring him along to stay in the hotel too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Lou08 wrote: »
    The Renvyle House Hotel in Connemara - my boyfriend and I went there twice - really nice, fab food in the hotel too.
    If you were going in the Summer it would be even nicer - theres a heated outdoor swimming pool, lake with row boats, loads of walks, a beach....and best of all if you have a dog you can bring him along to stay in the hotel too :D

I second that, we got married there last year.
    It has a really relaxed atmosphere, great food and right next to the sea. We stayed there around 2 years ago around this time of year. they had a couple of xmas parties there, but in fairness we just joined in with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

I think Roundstone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Lou08 wrote: »

Did you know about the ghost? It's fairly well documented, but I forget which room.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Have been in Renvyle House Hotel but never seen the famous ghost. Unfortunately. Some of the people in the morning look spooky but I think it is the drink. Have a look at this link.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/1997/1202/97120200124.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DubberRuckie

Inis Mór... If you dont get sea sick that is.. Its beautiful and the people are lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Head out the coast road via An Spideal and take a day trip to see the Aran islands from Ros A Mhil. www.aranislandferries.com/ or www.aran-island-ferry.com/

Stay in www.dunmanus.com B&B for the night.

Get up early next morning and head off to Roundstone-Ballyconnelly-Cliften-Sky Road-Leenane-Maam and back to Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Some fabulous looking places listed here, thanks guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Not Galway, but Cong in Mayo (IIRC) is very pretty. In the summer anyway.

Advertisement