Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

rattley window

Options
  • 12-12-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Hi

When i drive, I hear a rattley noise from a drivers door window. It feels like it vibrates from the roughness of the road. Whatever the cause of it, its driving me mad. Any tips or advice on how to stop this? (It is an electric window by the way).

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

VAG car, isn't it? Regulator can do that before it's on the way out actually. Pain to remove door panel to see if it's anything fixable though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

EPM wrote: »
    VAG car, isn't it? Regulator can do that before it's on the way out actually. Pain to remove door panel to see if it's anything fixable though

You are right VAG car it is unfortuntely, I have tried a few things, i sprayed WD40 down the side to see if it would stop it. I didnt hear anything for a few days and now the noise is back again. Its awfully annoying. Its on the passagers side also to make matters worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

is the window down slighty? As the above poster said, it can happen when the regulator is dying. If its not up fully its going to rattle a little. See if you can move the window with your hands. If you can, the window might be off its rail or the regulator cable may be on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

ShayK1 wrote: »
    is the window down slighty? As the above poster said, it can happen when the regulator is dying. If its not up fully its going to rattle a little. See if you can move the window with your hands. If you can, the window might be off its rail or the regulator cable may be on its last legs.

I tried moving the window up with my hands and it sligthtly moves alrite but it still rattling while driving. Would it be an easy job for a mechanic to look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

if its the regulator, the part is around €100 and its a pain in the ass type of job but not difficult.

• Advertisement
Advertisement