Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Credit where credit's due

Options
  • 12-12-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Said i'd post this here too as its related to Modified cars and im sure some of the posters here would know him.

Very hungover day, decided to have a "Car Day", myself and Mr. Onkle sorted a few niggley bits with my car this morning- Exhaust Bung came out, fixed the brake lights...few bits and pieces.

We ventured over to Urban Performance in Tallaght to have a look and get my exhaust to sit right, while there the owner (Mick) chatted to us for about an hour on how I could get more power out of my Teg (He drives a DC5 and loves the DC2 so it was a car close to his heart) and went through all the options i'd have of tuning it, gave me prices and showed me parts etc.

Put my car up on the ramp then, took the backbox off, replaced some...thing that was broken (some seel thing), messed around with the backbox for a lil while, then fitted it back on the way it should be. Waqs at it for the best part of 40 mins, chattin to me and Onkle all the while showing us all the bits and pieces that make Type R's so great! Anti Roll bars etc. Advised me on what tyres to get for the car, he even advised me to go to camskill and he'd fit them because it'd be cheaper than getting him to supply & Fit.

I decided to put my car on the Dyno then, he gave it about 6 or 7 runs to make sure the engine was running nice and warm and to give me the best reading possible. (Ended up with 170 bhp, got 176 with the bung in a few weeks ago but he said his dyno give slightly lower readings than AI Autosport)

After the runs he told me what all the figures mean, C02 emmissions and the Fuel/Air mixture. Apparently my car is running slightly rich, thats why I get such poor fuel economy! Charged me 50 for the Dyno run and 20 for fixing the exhaust (which I thought was very reasonable) considering the amount of time we took up.

When the time comes to invest a few quid in engine mods, he'll certainly be the man I'll be getting to do the work. Just thought i'd let yall know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Sounds like a top bloke, wish we'd someone like that in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Graham, I'd call this Spam ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Said i'd post this here too as its related to Modified cars and im sure some of the posters here would know him.
    Graham, I'd call this Spam ;)
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sounds like a sound guy. Must drop over to his place at some point for a look around!

How's the car sounding with the bung out Graham?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If she's over fueling then all you have to do is reset the ECU Graham.

The ECU will then reprogram itself to the proper air/fuel mixture that it needs for the mods on the car.

Here's how:

Turn on the car and warm it up (make sure that it is at normal idle).

Turn off the car and pull out your ECU fuse located in the fuse box under the bonnet (this is usually a 15 amp fuse found right near the bulkhead).

Keep fuse out for at least 5 to 10 minutes.

Plug fuse back in and close bonnet.

Start your car MAKING SURE NOT TO TOUCH THE ACCELERATOR WHEN YOU START IT UP.

Let the car idle (at its normal idle) for about 5 minutes.

Shut off the car and restart it. Take it for a test drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

That may well do it and I'll give it a bash but I asked the dude in Urban why was it doing it and he said it could be one of a million reasons (and this dude seriously knows the DC2!!)

But i'll give that a bash on the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    That may well do it and I'll give it a bash but I asked the dude in Urban why was it doing it and he said it could be one of a million reasons (and this dude seriously knows the DC2!!)

But i'll give that a bash on the weekend

A service could see you correct this too. Dirty plugs and air filter can cause the car to over fuel

Advertisement