Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Supernatural Writing Circle

Options
  • 12-12-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm a 25 year-old library asisstant who binges on horror and urban fantasy. I'm interested in finding or starting a writing circle that would meet up once, maybe twice a month with the interest of writing supernatural fiction. Invitation is open to fans of paranormal romance, SF and fantasy. LOVE young adult writing. TURNED OFF by Booker prize-winners.

Writers I admire: Clive Barker, Holly Black, Patricia Briggs, Poppy Z Brite, Caitlin R Kiernan, HP Lovecraft, Richard Matheson, Mary Shelley, Carrie Vaughn, Scott Westerfeld and more.

I'm easy to talk to and I don't have germs (no bad ones anyway.) Interested? Reply below or email goescargot@gmail.com.

If someone knows a writing circle in Dublin that already matches these characteristics, PLEASE let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

This probably belongs in the Creative Writing forum. However, if it was there I wouldn't have seen it and become interested. Let me know about your progress.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hi op, you already have this in creative writing and horror. :) I'm tempted to close but will leave for now. Please dont post it anywhere else!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Harmsden wrote: »
    I'm a 25 year-old library asisstant who binges on horror and urban fantasy. I'm interested in finding or starting a writing circle that would meet up once, maybe twice a month with the interest of writing supernatural fiction. Invitation is open to fans of paranormal romance, SF and fantasy. LOVE young adult writing. TURNED OFF by Booker prize-winners.

Writers I admire: Clive Barker, Holly Black, Patricia Briggs, Poppy Z Brite, Caitlin R Kiernan, HP Lovecraft, Richard Matheson, Mary Shelley, Carrie Vaughn, Scott Westerfeld and more.

I'm easy to talk to and I don't have germs (no bad ones anyway.) Interested? Reply below or email goescargot@gmail.com.

If someone knows a writing circle in Dublin that already matches these characteristics, PLEASE let me know.
    Now thats a great idea that you dont see come around, very often... However just like a scientist " i Dont share credit ":p
    but if i had the time and lived in Dublin, i would be interested ... best of look harmsden!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Harmsden

Oops. I figured posting it in the Creative Writing, Horror and Paranormal forums would be the smart thing to do, but maybe that was being overzealous.

I know there are writing circles like this in London or New York but when I looked for one here I couldn't find one. It's as if people are allergic to genre fiction.

Advertisement