Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone on 3 ireland - could not activate cellular data network

Options
  • 12-12-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have been using an unlocked iphone 3g on the three network for the past few weeks. I am on the 1gb data plan with them and have generally not have much problems connecting to the internet via 3g. However, i have been having problems connecting to the internet via 3g since this morning - i am getting the 'could not activate cellular data network' - 'you are not subscribed to a cellular data service' error each time i try to check my gmail etc. I tried to reset my network settings to no avail. Just wondering if anyone using the iphone on the 3 ireland network who might be having similar problems as me today (hence its a dublin/nation wide network problem) or is this a configuration/setting problem? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BN123

I have the same problem i've rang 3 and they said it was because i didn't register correctly with the 3G network. As its not a supported phone they were no help.

I find if i am connected to a wifi network and then connect to a 3G network i get the error. Rebooting the phone is no help but if i jump in the car drive down the road it works? I guess i am not connect to a different mast and my phone has registered correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

I use my phone mainly around Sligo and I have not seen this error.

I had the data package on a E65 and just put the sim in the iPhone and I have been using it (an Italian Iphone) without problems including on the 3 network in Northern Ireland, UK and Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Had the same issue here,
    I restored my phone, then jailbreaked it again using a different computer...oddly it worked I can connect to 3g fine now.

(Only issue I have no is that I cannot roam, it refuses to connect to 3uk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ciaran90

have any o you been able to enable tethering with three on the iphone?, ive got an unlocked (by apple) iphone and recently switched from o2 but i cant get tethering to work

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ciaran90 wrote: »
    have any o you been able to enable tethering with three on the iphone?, ive got an unlocked (by apple) iphone and recently switched from o2 but i cant get tethering to work

There was another thread about it yesterday on here. Have a look for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

Advertisement