Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT

Options
  • 12-12-2009 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I sometimes read some interesting posts on this forum and have finally reactivated my old account :-)

I just wanted to gauge the popularity of BT in Ireland... I have been a fan since his Ima album, and have seen him go through lots of phases of change in direction, ranging from progressive trance through to pop (producing N-Sync) to scoring movies (Monster)

His new album has just been announced for release on Feb 2nd, and he seems to be going for a more dancier version of his last one (This Binary Universe)

I have only heard two songs from this new album, one being 'Rose of Jericho', which does't impress me at all really, and this one 'Every Other Way':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpj2pGAUBEc

..which to me is the sound of BT that I have become to love... beautiful song, amazing voice on the singer... however maybe a little too much 'stutter' effects..

...so, are there any other BT fans from Ireland?

I got the chance to catch him live in London in August, which practically completed a long list of electronica artists I wanted to see..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

can we not just talk about flaming june?

reminds me of being 16, in kinsealy drinking cans in the park and beginning my long dedicated career in sessioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

BT fan here since the days of penetrate deeper.. though i wouldnt be into his stuff as much as back then and the IMA days you can be sure to find a few krackers on any BT album.. i must say though i follow him on twitter and he dont half talk some crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I was a fan by default due to his great dance music years ago though haven't really paid much attention to him in ages. There's no doubting his talent - his productions are amazing as is his attention to detail.

I quite like that track linked though.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I have 'This Binary Universe' - stunning album. I've yet to listen to the disc in 5.1 due to the lack of a 5.1 system :( Actually have several CDs with 5.1 versions, should really pick up the system to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I haven't been a big fan of BT in quite a while, but IMA is probably in my top 10 albums of all time, so BT for me will always bring back a lot of memories for me from around that time (summer of '95, hottest summer in the last 20 years, leaving cert done and freedom!). I'd heard Nocturnal Transmission and Embracing the Sunshine before it was released, bought the album on vinyl and was just blown away by the journeys in it (Divinity!).
    I've ESCM on vinyl which was good but in fairness it wasn't a patch on IMA and never could be. In terms of singles I've Embracing the Sunshine (2 versions), Blue Skies, Flaming June, Godspeed, Mercury and Solace, and Remember - so my latest BT vinyl purchase was 10 years ago. Since then I've followed him on and off - have a couple of CDs and downloads, I think he's moved in a different direction and fair play to him for still making music that he thinks is important, but personally I haven't really been interested in a lot of it.

EDIT:
    Oh, I also forgot this one - didn't realise till later that BT was involved - GTB - Entropy / Kotex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

the Paul Van Dyk indigo mix .
    Love this !!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

My favourite BT tune after Godspeed and Flaming June

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnSRwgpU88

2 Phat C***s - Ride

Its BT and either Sasha or Dubfire I think. Quality tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Have been a fan since I first heard flaming June and Godspeed... Movement in still life has some quality tracks on it (going to have to throw it on now, actually!:))
    10 years in the life is a decent collection as well

Kind of interesting looking through some of the films and games that he's scored.. Tiger woods PGA tour 2005 o_Ó
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_(musician)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

All from IMA:

Divinity

Nocturnal Transmission

Embracing the Sunshine

And of course, the Sasha mix of Embracing the Sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hesho wrote: »
    My favourite BT tune after Godspeed and Flaming June

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JnSRwgpU88

2 Phat C***s - Ride

Its BT and either Sasha or Dubfire I think. Quality tune!

With Sasha!

My favourite BT track would have to be Mercury & Solace, last one I bought was Remember, I did hear one of his newer tracks recently and was surprised he was still making the same kind of sounds.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Fieldog wrote: »
    With Sasha!

My favourite BT track would have to be Mercury & Solace, last one I bought was Remember, I did hear one of his newer tracks recently and was surprised he was still making the same kind of sounds.....

Oh the memories!! That was something else when I first heard it. Still love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

SuprSi wrote: »
    Oh the memories!! That was something else when I first heard it. Still love it.

Took me a long time to track down the vinyl, eventually got my grubby mitts on it, ill never forget the first time I heard it, was in the Temple Theatre "back in the dizz-ay"....

Used to love this a fair few years ago...

Advertisement