Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33 weeks and traveling across the country Monday

Options
  • 12-12-2009 12:07am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Should I bring my hospital bag?

I'm heading to Dublin for Eddie Izzard on Monday from Galway will be staying overnight. I'll have my notes with me but am wondering whether I should throw my hospital bag in the boot as well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Wouldn't hurt to have it in the boot just incase... wouldn't want your OH running out to the shops buying baby clothes and pjs in the event of an emergency now would ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

From week 30 my bag went everywhere with me...the one day I went for a checkup and didnt bring it I was kept in - sods law :D

Hubby eventually managed to make it in with it but I had two hours of sitting on a bed with literally nothing to do but look at the walls so I would agree with Adrienne and bring it just to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

eviltwin wrote: »
    From week 30 my bag went everywhere with me...the one day I went for a checkup and didnt bring it I was kept in - sods law :D

Hubby eventually managed to make it in with it but I had two hours of sitting on a bed with literally nothing to do but look at the walls so I would agree with Adrienne and bring it just to be on the safe side

I'm going to be 30 weeks on christmas day!! And I've not even thought about getting my bag together yet...ok, I've thought of it, just not put any of my thoughts into action.

Das Kitty...for you, yeah, I would bring your bag just in case. It's not going ot hurt anything, and the thought of a man getting together a last minute hospital bag would scare the crap outta me :P

Evil twin (and any other mommies out there) -- When do you suggest having your bag ready by? I'm kind of factoring in early labour as well, not that I think it will happen, but just in case.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well I'm sitting in Jury's as I type! Finished packing the bag last night and brought it and the car seat.

Put that along with all the pillows I need to sleep and the Fiesty was packed out. God we really need a bigger car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

hacked wrote: »
    I'm going to be 30 weeks on christmas day!! And I've not even thought about getting my bag together yet...ok, I've thought of it, just not put any of my thoughts into action.

Das Kitty...for you, yeah, I would bring your bag just in case. It's not going ot hurt anything, and the thought of a man getting together a last minute hospital bag would scare the crap outta me :P

Evil twin (and any other mommies out there) -- When do you suggest having your bag ready by? I'm kind of factoring in early labour as well, not that I think it will happen, but just in case.

I packed everything around week 25 just because I was having a few bad weeks of pre eclampsia and the doctors were talking about having the baby delivered at week 28...I hadnt even thought about packing it at that stage but as soon as I went home everything went in the bag.

Thankfully I didnt need it, he didnt come out until week 41, but it was great to have it there ready to go. As the weeks went on I just couldnt have been arsed sorting it out so I was glad I'd gotten it out of the way early on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I packed mine the week before I went into hospital (so week 39), bold me! I would have been so unorganized if I went into labour early. This time around I plan to have my bag packed just after new year. Too much going on before hand to get anything done. Going to Manchester on Friday (really I shouldn't... but going to support my OH who's going to meet his sister for the second time) and then first proper Christmas with Addison so getting everything organised for that too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I'm delighted I'm on not the only one that (nearly!) has my bag ready, my lovely supportive husband was laughing at me for packing my bag so early :rolleyes: (I'm 30 weeks)

I put him on the spot and asked him what he'd pack for me if I didn't have it ready and it was scarey :eek:
    His list consisted of undies, a few babygro's and my ipod. Think it'd be safer to have it ready for him so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

wow :) my oh packed my bag when i was in labour, after my waters broke. i went two days early but don't think that was any exuse for bein so disorganised but hopefully il hav learned my lesson this time :) il buy some baby bits in the new year and pack my stuff then, can't do any harm. as a result, last time, i ended up with no shampoo, shower gel or deodrant but i did hav nailvarnish and a hair straightener, ah bless :)

so i'd pack bag now, no matter what stage you'r at, for the peace of mind :)

Advertisement