Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair salon suggestions in Dublin

Options
  • 11-12-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all, I need to get my hair styled for an upcoming event. Nothing too fancy, just curled I'm thinking! Was thinking of going to Peter Mark but was wondering if any of the ladies on here would have any other suggestions of reliable hairdressers/salon which they would give recommendations for! Preferably in the Dublin area as I will probably also be getting my make-up done in BT's on Grafton!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

I love Korena around the corner from Cineworld.
    Great results and pretty cheap
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭carasbars

It might be a bit out of the way for you but I've had a few fantastic upstyles\curls done at Khaki in Tallaght. My sis had her Christmas do last week and had an upstyle done there - she loved it, really glamourous!

If you only need something simple ( and in town), why don't you try one of those GHD stands in one of the shopping centres, I saw one in Stephen's green a while back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

not really related to the OP's question but is Khaki anywhere near the luas stop in Tallaght? I live in Dublin but don't drive and I keep hearing great things about Khaki!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lovingstyle

brown sugar is nice but pricey - toni and guy blackrock are really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

nicola09 wrote: »
    not really related to the OP's question but is Khaki anywhere near the luas stop in Tallaght? I live in Dublin but don't drive and I keep hearing great things about Khaki!

Yep - its beside the Luas stop at the square, it probably wouldn't even be 2 minutes walk from there. Its towards the hospital side of the track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

LivinLife wrote: »
    Preferably in the Dublin area as I will probably also be getting my make-up done in BT's on Grafton!
    Can you go in to BT and get them to do your makeup?? Is it a booking thing? Oh and how much?? I'm v. interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Peter Mark in the Square in Tallaght are generally really good stylists (specifically Debbie and Elaine, if you end up going there.) Debenhams in the Square do makeup application too, I've found Benefit there to be really good, they don't charge for the service itself, but just ask that you buy any of their products, which is pretty handy if you need to top up lipstick/eyeliner/whatever during the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 LivinLife

fifomania wrote: »
    Can you go in to BT and get them to do your makeup?? Is it a booking thing? Oh and how much?? I'm v. interested!

I was chatting to one of the girls and they were telling how its around 40 euro (not totally sure) to get your make-up done in Mac, but that 40 euro is redeemable against any products!! I'm not totally sure on the specifics of it if any, but I'm sure you can ring up the makeup counters to find out! And yes I believe you can book in advance, specially in the run-up to Xmas when they're always busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You probably won't be able to get a Mac appointment before Xmas, you want to book a month or two in advance unfort! It costs e40, redeemable against purchases.

I got my hair done in Toni and Guy in Dundrum on Fri with the male stylist (think there's only one). He did a half up half down style with ghl curls and backcombing. Looked great so I'd recommend that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

+1 to toni & guy in blackrock, though its probably too out of the way if youre in town for makeup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Any specific stylist in T&G Blackrock you would recommend? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

There's only one place to go -

http://www.robertchambers.ie/

Robert Chambers on Grafton Street.

Go for Robert or Athos....

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Shane732 wrote: »
    There's only one place to go -

http://www.robertchambers.ie/

Robert Chambers on Grafton Street.

Go for Robert or Athos....

I just checked out the link!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

€125 for cutting by Robert :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That is bananas!!

€80 for the next level down is bad enough in these times.
    Have they heard there is a recession on??
    Seriously, you can't tell me there aren't stylists just as good who are cheaper then €125 for a cut.

What a rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Pixied wrote: »
    Any specific stylist in T&G Blackrock you would recommend? :)

sorry, i cant remember a name :o but ive had 2 different stylists and both were great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

Peter Mark in the Square in Tallaght are generally really good stylists (specifically Debbie and Elaine, if you end up going there.) Debenhams in the Square do makeup application too, I've found Benefit there to be really good, they don't charge for the service itself, but just ask that you buy any of their products, which is pretty handy if you need to top up lipstick/eyeliner/whatever during the night.

Are they young?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

precious hair salon in templeogue is really great! ive been twice and each time they have really accomodated me with bookings and really listened to what i wanted, once they said my hair was in too bad condition to get what i wanted but they explained it quite thoroughly why i couldnt have it and then went through different options so i knew exactly what i was coming out with. a really great experience thats restored my confidence in hairdressers having listening ability\!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 HarlowLux

It's probably way out of the way but Sakura in Deansgrange is great, my hairdresser is Lynn, and she's very good at comforting me when im close to tears because I hate getting my hair cut!! hahahha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Any hairdressers around the city centre? Im flying from France this week and will be staying on the Northside...so town be prob the place to go. Any options?

I used to go to SanKiev on Trinity street, and it was 200euro last time i went a year ago. I really love the place, but its just way too expensive as Im no longer working. My other hairdresser was in England....so its annoying not knowing where to go in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Laura.anne

Brown Sugar on South William Street is amazing, Mark O'Keefe is the bestest!

They are used by most magazines etc for fashion shoots, they also do great make-up (especially Paula Callaghan-O'Keefe, Mark's wife)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sparki

Probably a bit too far away, but there is a new salon in Balrothery near Balbriggan called Salon Viva, i got my hair done there recently and it was the best results i have had in years. Really good quality, the girls actually listen to what you want which makes a welcome change!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Old thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement