Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon 1.4 sport??

Options
  • 11-12-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi i am thinking of getting a Seat Leon Sport
    It's a 1.4 125bhp
    Has the full Seat aero Kit

they are looking for €13,000 '08

AnyBody Can give advice on this can all be it good or bad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Should be still under warranty. the 122bhp TSI engines said to be more robust than the higher HP. Price sounds about right too presuming you value the TSI engine and the kit. New ones have been reduced in price considerably but the one you're looking at is a pretty good model compared to the basic ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Aero kit is about 4k extra for the full one. The tsi suits the car well. But if it's got anything bigger than 16's on it the ride will be very hard. I have 17's on mine and it took a lot of trying out different tyres to get it in anyway decent

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

Ok cheers will take it all in to account.

attached an image of it,

price has dropped to €11750 for a sale befor crimbo but don't think i will get the money in time,

what tyers did you find were best for the bigger wheeles??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

That sounds like a great deal to me TBH. I have the 07 1.6 and i'm fairly happy. although the ride is fairly hard on 17" rims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Looks almost too good to be true. I'd check it out properly before handing money over. They are original BBS alloys too. That car would have been about €27k new. It will be a boneshaker on 18's though. It takes away from the car around town - fine on the open road but I wouldn't touch it if you'll be using it in the city mostly. It rides and steers really well on the standard 16's though. I've tried bridgestone potenzas, Pirelli P6000's and PZeros and Dunlop Sport Maxx. On my second set of Sport Maxx now. Best for wear, noise and grip mix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

Alright Cheers EPM for the info

having the ccar looked at asap drove it on friday it's a fast car for sure sure will see how the money goes but cheers

Advertisement