Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Converting Commercial and VRT

Options
  • 11-12-2009 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    I am buying a commercial jeep from a company in Ireland and am looking to find out how much vrt i will have to pay when i wish to convert the jeep to passenger.

Say the jeep is currently worth x
    Is VRT based on todays market value of that jeep. I dont want to have to pay vrt on the original price of the jeep which would be more than the jeep itself would be worth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hi
    I am buying a commercial jeep from a company in Ireland and am looking to find out how much vrt i will have to pay when i wish to convert the jeep to passenger.

Say the jeep is currently worth x
    Is VRT based on todays market value of that jeep. I dont want to have to pay vrt on the original price of the jeep which would be more than the jeep itself would be worth

Are you sure it can be converted back to passenger?

When converted professionally by manufacturer's I think they totally destroy the seat belt anchor points in the back.

I'd say it would cost more to buy and re-convert a commercial than it would to buy a passenger version in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 brianonline

I have an option to buy it at a good price.
    Yes, i have what I need to reconvert

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Id say revenue will make it very hard for you to change this back to passenger. They will certainly require an engineers report to say that the structural stuff like seat belt anchors etc have been suitably reinstalled. These would have been totally destroyed due to regulations when the original conversion was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I have an option to buy it at a good price.
    Yes, i have what I need to reconvert

Well, good luck - can't imagine it's going to be easy.

I'd say the most you'd have to pay would be the current valuation on www.ROS.ie

Advertisement