Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the difference between MovieExtras and CastingZone?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

They are "sister sites" list many of the same productions and provide no clear guide as to why you would choose one over the other (that I've found).

It seems that castingzone would be geared at more acting, foreground work such as speaking roles but then from their notices page it appears that the will be offering the same "be part of an audience" style auditions.

I would like to decide whether or not to join casting zone before the special offer joining fee runs out but at the moment it is appearing rather difficult to figure out if there is any just reason since I'm already a Movie Extras member.

Could anyone help me out by telling me if they are just the same or explaining why I would want to be a member of both?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

I'm a member of Movie Extras and don't get any work off them so am annoyed that they're trying to push another pay-to-join-site

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

I agree it's not very clear, to be honest I wouldn't be bothered with either, my daughter joined movieextras for two years and got nothing.

• Company Representative Posts: 103 Verified rep MovieExtras.ie: Derek

Derek here from MovieExtras.ie / CastingZone.ie.

Wuggectumondo and acermaple, drop me a pm and I can look into why you didn't get offered work. Apart from about four months early this year we have been extremely busy for the past two years or so. The other day to get four people for a day, we had to check over 90 people’s availability! And on a regular basis, to get 30 people out we need to ask 120 people.

Regarding the differences between the two sites, we developed CastingZone.ie as a direct response to production companies and casting directors looking for actors and models with a level of experience that we could not provide through MovieExtras.ie. Some of our members suggested a more direct way to promote and showcase their talents to the Industry. Also, there was a missing link between production companies and actors / models who were not represented. So hence CastingZone.ie was born from these requests.

CastingZone.ie is a directory of actors, models and voiceovers. We do not represent those on the directory, so thus they can be represented by other agents. It is similar to The Spotlight in the UK or even a Golden Pages for artists.

We have been working on the site for the past two years. There is a lot of useful software to help agents find and contact people, as well as artists being able to upload showreels and voicereels etc. There are some more developments coming.

Hope this answers your questions

Cheers
    Derek

Derek@MovieExtras.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tommydublin

so true i got nothing this year im only 15mins from RTE. i tryed calling left a voice mail no reply off them to call me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rorkimaru

so true i got nothing this year im only 15mins from RTE. i tryed calling left a voice mail no reply off them to call me !!!

Shoot them an email to see everything is ok. I've found that they're great at answering mails. Make sure you've a good clear head shot and your contact details and availability are right.

I don't get much work from them but you're not guaranteed anything. Worst part is half the jobs I got offered I had to turn away because it clashed with college but I'm finished now so hopefully if more offers come I should be able to do them all. Overall I think its a great service.

I didn't get much from CastingZone (thought their notices section is great) but there's less work going in that area and people with agents are at a distinct advantage. I doubt proximity to RTE studios is one of the more pressing qualities they're looking for though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Tommy

Can you post any queries below so Derek can respond to you? It's better to do that and have no doubts about what you say rather than have people think you're out to cause trouble, given that quite a few of your posts have just been about this and nothing else.

Thanks

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tommydublin

im not causein no trouble i tryed calling movie extras and nothin in return !! thats all cheers
    tommy..

Advertisement