Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a small diesel SUV

Options
  • 11-12-2009 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Getting very fed up of the combination of 18" wheels and sports suspension with the increasingly crap roads so am looking at changing to a smallish diesel SUV. Preferrably no higher than Band d tax and around the mid €30k.

Reliability is key so I'm looking at advice from owners only please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

furtzy wrote: »
    Getting very fed up of the combination of 18" wheels and sports suspension with the increasingly crap roads so am looking at changing to a smallish diesel SUV. Preferrably no higher than Band d tax and around the mid €30k.

Reliability is key so I'm looking at advice from owners only please

Quickly run along to a Mitsubishi dealer and see if they have any Outlander 2.0 D-ID Invite models available at €24,995.

Tax is Band E, but it's pretty damn cheap comapred to the competition. Set aside the €5,000 you save to pay the €183 tax difference for a few years and put a full leather interior in.

I don't have one, but had a commercial version for a week. Not really my cup of tea as it's too off road to be a car, and too car to be an off roader, but the Mitsi's are usually realiable, the engine is the VW 2.0Tdi (PD version) which pulls fairly well and returns decent mpg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

R.O.R wrote: »
    Quickly run along to a Mitsubishi dealer and see if they have any Outlander 2.0 D-ID Invite models available at €24,995.

Tax is Band E, but it's pretty damn cheap comapred to the competition. Set aside the €5,000 you save to pay the €183 tax difference for a few years and put a full leather interior in.

I don't have one, but had a commercial version for a week. Not really my cup of tea as it's too off road to be a car, and too car to be an off roader, but the Mitsi's are usually realiable, the engine is the VW 2.0Tdi (PD version) which pulls fairly well and returns decent mpg.

€25k.:eek:..bloody hell had to check that for myself. Thats a great price. Will deffo arrange a look. Don't care a damn about handling. Just want something that will handle a rough road without sounding like its about to fall apart and is reliable

Advertisement