Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd freaky experience at night in apartment

Options
  • 11-12-2009 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Last night, for the second time since moving into my new place 6 months ago, I had an occurrence that I am quite inclined to believe was not so normal.

I was in bed sleeping away. Suddenly I awoke, the bed was shaking. I thought maybe i was dreaming so i shrugged it off as turning roughly in my sleep. Then it happened again. I woke up and it was still shaking. It kept shaking even though i was like "Em...I'm awake now, stop shaking"... It didn't stop. It was not violent but steady and strong. Side to side like the whole frame was moving on the floor. I started thinking maybe it was my cats doing something crazy but i couldn't imagine how they were moving the frame so much.

I heard a weird moving noise which really sound like my cats were IN my bed frame(impossible). Earlier they had started stepping on my head and making noise and i HATE getting my head walked on when I'm asleep. It wakes me up and their paws are always freezing cold. I had moved them outside into the living room a few hours before and closed the door.

I looked around thinking they may have gotten into the room. Suddenly!, something Black darted across the room. I really thought it was a cat. However it ran fast into the wall corner and didn't come back out. So i got up and walked over, i turned on the light and there was nothing. No cat. No hole in the wall. What ever it was ran right into the wall and didn't make a sound or a mark. Disappeared. I then wanted to check on my cats so i opened the door and there they were...sitting outside it. Just Waiting on me. One of them acted Extremely strange. She was really affectionate, and she rare ever does something like that.

It was soooo weird. I couldn't believe it. I left the door open so i knew i would remember it when i awoke. It was the second time i awoke to the bed shaking like that. Very Very odd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Fist off I would check for central heating pipes under the floor where you bed is, I have heard of a few cases where old heating systems caused major vibrations through all the pipes and make things move all over the house. Maybe get someone in to check the main boiler to rule that out.

With regard to the dark shadow, is there a main road outside your room or nearby that light could get into the room as I've come across what was thought to be dark shadows moving up walls and stairs etc. which turned out to be the car lights casting shadows as they went by the house.

With all that said, animals are said to be much more sensitive to magnetic fields etc. so maybe the cats strange affection has to do with something going on with the boiler as I have read articles before to do with the older boliers where parts are magnitised due too a reaction in the pipe work(too much physics and chemisty to explain here).:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

There is a central heating pipe running in the Dry wall to my left. About 4 feet from the bed to the side. There is a radiator there and one also on the opposite side of the bedroom.

The boiler I can get checked. Its new and installed when the apartment was just built in April. It definitely wasn't 'on' when this happened as it only goes on at 7:15 when i get up and turn the water on manually for 30 mins for a shower.

There is indeed a main road but my black out wooden blinds were closed.

The weirdest part was the bed shaking. It was just really strong. Not violent, but like it would take a person purposefully shaking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

now, i was reading away there because i have experienced the same thing. Same time, these things could be anything. until though you mentioned side to side shaking, as that was the weird thing about my experienced. The bed shook, but not up and down, rather very small sharp side to side movements. It did end up meaning something, but I can pm further info to you if you ever want it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

does it mean your bed is possessed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi

I have had this happen to me a few times...In my bedroom at home in my parents house my bed used to shake like this quite often....It would wake me up in the middle of the night, sometimes it would start just before i fell asleep I remember the first time i was freaked out and then it was like mmm stop annoying me I am trying to sleep.. I had said it to my manfriend and there was one nite he was staying there and he felt it too, like a vibration (haha I can hear the jokes already) it used to get stronger and then just stop used to do the side to side thing too...it happened in one other room in the house to me but that was the only spooky thing..

I was reading it up and you can acutally shake yourself without knowing it in your sleep, mind you I have put my hand on the bed and tis the bed that is shaking but it could explain it..I remember a few times aswell ( i am not the greatest person to fall asleep) but I remember i was just about to conk in bed one night, I had the light on and I could hear my mum in the kitchen doing flowers,
    and
    out of no-where i just felt like i was being pushed down felt like someone kneeling and pushing on my back, I couldnt do anything felt like i was being choked . This is another thing that people can do in their sleep I cant remember the proper name now but me thinks it is if you are thinking before sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FishFood

I think you should check beside your bed and see if there is a coin slot in the wall. If so, check if it says 'vibrate' underneath it, or possibly 'relaxing massage function'. If that is also the case I would suggest that you not put coins in it and it should stop the problem.

I thought the 'Really Bad Comedians Forum' was over that way somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FishFood

Lead the way then Captain Comeback :p

damn. You have me there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Shoop

i HATE getting my head walked on when I'm asleep

Quote of the year :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

Thanks Shoop!

Thanks for the replies people. I'm glad to hear others have had the same thing happen (mostly because you all seem quite alive and this means im safe :) )

I've been reading up on the shaking the bed yourself while asleep concept. Apparently some people can have their legs shaking and not realize it. This would be a very new thing in my life if that was so. I just don't think i believe that was the reason because when i awoke, the first thing i did was check that i was not shaking my foot (trapped nerve or something) and not Shaking anything else! (just to be sure!). Neither seemed to be the case.

If it happens again. I'm gonna go paranormal activity on the room with a camera.

@iamhunted - Yeah if you could PM me the cause for your similar experience. That would be helpful. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Haha I asked my brother the other night did he ever feel something like this in the bed as he moved into my room when i moved out and he just laughed at me, thinks im mad now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Milly33 wrote: »
    ...another thing that people can do in their sleep I cant remember the proper name now but me thinks it is if you are thinking before sleep

"Sleep paralysis" perhaps? Also of interest, "night terrors". (Not that these would necessarily describe or explain any particular experience)

Also, "hypnagogic hallucinations"

I dont think either really explain a bed shaking.

iamhunted wrote: »
    I dont think either really explain a bed shaking.

Not shaking felt by a second person in the bed, true, but it could be relevant to Milly33’s second type of experience etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

FishFood wrote: »
    I think you should check beside your bed and see if there is a coin slot in the wall. If so, check if it says 'vibrate' underneath it, or possibly 'relaxing massage function'. If that is also the case I would suggest that you not put coins in it and it should stop the problem.

Fishfood it is comments like yours that turn people off from posting there experiences here, if you want to a comedian find a forum for them sort of comments

Advertisement