Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel Vazquez v Rafael Marquez May10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

I assume they are only fighting as its the biggest payday either of them will get but its such a pity that this has to be the case. The trilogy has been settled imo and if they got the exposure and money they deserved they should be enjoying retirement or fighting for glory / love of the sport. Maybe they are i dont know, but i hope they do extremely well for themselves out of this.
    If Mayweather-Pac provides half the action of their scraps it would be hailed as the greatest fight ever. I seen Marquez last fight and he just wasnt the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,630 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Rafael was all but done at the end of fight three. I think that Israel is overall the stronger man of the two, and heavier hitter. This bout is at 126 lbs I think, some comfort to them. They would really be struggling at this stage to be still making 122 lbs. This fight shouldn't be the same war that number III was, and if it is, I will be majorly surprised. Maybe the layoff for Israel will be beneficial?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

They're both shot to pieces imo, or at least they both looked it in their last fights but I suppose that could partially be the long layoff.

They deserve a big payday and as stated this is the easiest way to get it.
    They weren't payed nearly enough for their trilogy, especially the first 2 fights so hopefully this fight will go some way towards compensating for that.

I expect them to go to war ago, there just is no other way.
    I love both of these fighters and would prefer Rafael to win this if not for the fact him winning would probably spawn a 5th fight.
    This should be their last fights for me, or maybe one last bout for the loser against a very weak opponent just to go out on a win.

They've taken so much from each other already, you have to question if it's even wise to let each other in the ring against each other again as the consequences could be grave.

Anyway here's hoping we get a great fight and both of them come out of it okay.

Advertisement