Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superquinn christmas opening.

Options
  • 11-12-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

does anyone else think superquinns open too much this christmas. Do retail workers not deserve at least 2 days off, plus 8 on christmas eve is too late. 9 on stephens morning is too early too. It doesn't take a whole lot of planning to get your stuff in before 6. I'm not in retail myself thank god but these people have lives too. I won't be shopping there from 4 on christmas eve till the 27th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

dr ro wrote: »
    does anyone else think superquinns open too much this christmas. Do retail workers not deserve at least 2 days off, plus 8 on christmas eve is too late. 9 on stephens morning is too early too. It doesn't take a whole lot of planning to get your stuff in before 6. I'm not in retail myself thank god but these people have lives too. I won't be shopping there from 4 on christmas eve till the 27th.

They'll probably be attracted to the overtime pay.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

TBH I think its fantastic that the whole country wont be shutting down for more than 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Yeah, I'd say the staff will be on double / triple time for late christmas eve and Stephen's day!

I remember years ago, I worked for a bank and had to work on christmas day (Overseas clients) - Got IEP 450.00 for 6 hours! 7am to 1pm - Was my choice and was home before 2 to enjoy the rest of my day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

do they all have a choice? superquinn announce their opening times. what if no one wants to work... 2 years ago i remember one of the girls giving out about having to work late on christmas eve or new years eve while all her mates were already out. do we really need shop open till 8 christmas eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

To be honest, it doesnt matter what time the shops close at, even if they stay open till 12 midnight, there would somebody outside at 12.01 banging on the door pleading with someone to let them in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

do they all have a choice? superquinn announce their opening times. what if no one wants to work... 2 years ago i remember one of the girls giving out about having to work late on christmas eve or new years eve while all her mates were already out. do we really need shop open till 8 christmas eve.

I do agree that opening till 8 on Christmas eve is a little extreme. Opening on St. Stephens is not a bad thing. I will prob have no reason to visit but its good to know that if i need it, its there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

do they all have a choice? superquinn announce their opening times. what if no one wants to work...

Not wanting to work?? Not a bad position to be in all things concerned.

Advertisement