Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Photographic Society Exhibition

Options
  • 11-12-2009 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I hope it is appropriate to announce here our exhibition.

This autumn we have formed new Smena Photographic Society representing Russian speaking photographers of Ireland. And the Exhibition is dedicated to the launch of it.

Sixteen of the members of it, primarily amateur photographers, present their works on the Exhibition.

Here is our flyer just to give you the taste of what kind of pictures are going to be exhibited:

SmenaExhibition2009_Flyer_A4_smaller.jpg

The PDF version of it is here: http://smena.eu/files/SmenaExhibition2009_Flyer_A4.pdf

Everybody's welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

kuroino wrote: »
    I hope it is appropriate to announce here our exhibition.

This autumn we have formed new Smena Photographic Society representing Russian speaking photographers of Ireland.

But, but, but ... I'd say the vast majority of us who post here don't speak Russian. :D

Best of luck though. I may drop in, but my Russian has about 3 words - hello, thank you and goodbye. :o

Looks like you have some very good photos there to exhibit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Might drop in myself and test my Russian out from working with kids from Vasilvichi.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kuroino

Paulw wrote: »
    But, but, but ... I'd say the vast majority of us who post here don't speak Russian. :D

;)))

We do not expect the guests to speak or understand Russian of course.

I hope at any time over the weekend at least few of our photographers will be there to chat etc. and they all speak English as well.

The "Russian speaking" bit is rather a reflection of our common cultural background, than linguistics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Paulw wrote: »

Thankfully a few here are fluent in Photography then. ;)

Advertisement