Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endowment Assurance question

Options
  • 11-12-2009 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all, I have what some might see as a stupid question, but I really have no idea about finance. I hope someone can help.

I recently found an endowment assurance policy from Royal Liver that my Uncle had given to me when I was born. Briefly, it says I had 1000 pounds due to me in 1999.

I never claimed this money as I just found this policy.

My question is, can I get the money now? Has too much time passed since the policy ended?

I hope someone can help. Thanks!

Comments

Ring Royal Liver,,quote the policy number, tell them you are the policyholder (?) and ask them if the policy has a value.

If it has, ask them for their procedure in accessing this value.

If not, ask them when the policy matured and where the proceeds were sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Just one thing to add to gerards' post, if they give a negative answer on the phone, follow up in writing with a letter including a copy of the schedule with your query. My experience lends to this. If only one payment was paid there may very well be no value attaching to the policy and sometimes they advance the value of the policy towards the payment of premium, where premium is not forthcoming until there is no value remaining. Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement