Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are any Limerick to Dublin buses non-stop?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I know this question has been asked before but I'm wondering specifically about Bus Eireann on a Sunday. They used to (unofficially) do a non-stop bus from Limerick to Galway at 7.30pm on a Sunday and put all the people that were getting off at intermediate stops on a different bus, so I'm just wondering does anyone know if this happens on the Limerick-Dublin route on a Sunday also? Unfortunately the 10 euro trains don't apply on a Sunday and I seriously don't agree with paying 29 euro one way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 08.35 and 12.35 trains from Limerick on Sunday are available for EUR15 one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

The only bus that is scheduled to run non-stop on a Sunday is the West Clare route 15 service, despite not being in the timetables anymore this still runs. It fills up all remaining seats and departs Limerick at 18.30.

If loadings are high enough other departures will also run non-stop but there is no guarantee that this will happen on any particular service at the moment.

There is talk of a timetable revision on the Limerick-Dublin route but nothing concrete as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Last time I got one, back when they did have properly timetabled non-stop services, the "non-stop" bus stopped in Borris-in-Ossory nevertheless! With its proximity to the motorway I'm guessing that even if BÉ use the motorway they will detour into the village for the usual stop-off!

The usual Limerick-Dublin bus is hellish and takes ages - I'd pay a premium for the train anyday - even if it's less than fun you can at least work on a laptop and avoid the cramped space of the bus.

Advertisement