Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Thomond Park to get back to Dublin after match

Options
  • 10-12-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to park to get to Thomond Park and get out to the N7 after the match tomorrow?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Where's the best place to park to get to Thomond Park and get out to the N7 after the match tomorrow?

On the WRC level crossing just down the Longpavement road. (its closed so you're safe):D Just park up in the crossing keepers spot beside it. He drives out to open the gates, but he'll probably be doing something else tomorrow. You can also grab a grand bag of chips from that seriously greasy spoon takeaway in Ballynanty, while your heading back to your car.

Pure Heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I would park in any of the estates around Chaerdavin. 10 min walk to the ground.

Yes it would mean you would come back into town via Ennis Road, but would be much quicker than doing it via Thomondgate/old N7with the traffic. Limerick city isnt that busy at weekends traffic-wise anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Personally, my friends and I avoid Limerick city centre going to Thomond Park.

We always turn right at Birdhill and follow the R466 to O'Briensbridge, cross over the Shannon, then left at the crossroads onto the R463 alongside the headrace canal, then left again at Parkroe, over the headrace canal, and then right to go through Parteen, along the R464 through Parteen and approaching Thomond Park from the north side - never any problem getting in/out or parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

DWCommuter wrote: »
    On the WRC level crossing just down the Longpavement road. (its closed so you're safe):D Just park up in the crossing keepers spot beside it. He drives out to open the gates, but he'll probably be doing something else tomorrow. You can also grab a grand bag of chips from that seriously greasy spoon takeaway in Ballynanty, while your heading back to your car.

Pure Heaven!
    was going to park here but got a bit carried away and parked right across from the stadium. didn't stop for chips but should have - they could have grown the spuds in the amount of time it took to get back past the level crossing.

KC's directions were the job to get me there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

was going to park here but got a bit carried away and parked right across from the stadium. didn't stop for chips but should have - they could have grown the spuds in the amount of time it took to get back past the level crossing.

KC's directions were the job to get me there too.

Glad you got sorted. Great game as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement