Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immobiliser for my fazer?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Ok, so i got my hopes for getting a car in january, but this whole budget with cuts to BTEA and grants killed that idea dead. So i'm gonna invest in my motorcycle, and since it's my only form of transport, i don't wanna lose it.
    So how much will an immobiliser cost, or a similar security system, and where can i get them, i know nothing about them, can they affect an insurance premium? and by how much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You could wander over to irishbikerforum.com or biker.ie and do a search for Alarm.

You can get a cheap one that does the job but doesn't affect you premium or you could get a thatcham approved alarm that costs alot and it will reduce you insurance (maybe).

You could start off price wise here: http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/products. Standard non talking one that has an immobiliser. Cheap to buy and can be fitted easily enough.

Or else you could look at the Datatool S4, Bikeworld will do a Datatool S4 for €550

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Ok, was offered a price for HID kit on my fazer, for both bulbs, 300 euro, and an immobiliser alarm system, 320, 600 for both. Original cost for the bike was 2500 + 200 for restriction kit, bring the total cost of my bike to 3300.

I might be moving out to kilcock this month, so dark trips on the m4 and possibly on country roads. Is it worth it? or shall i just chance the darkness with my ****ty bulbs as the hid won't make a difference anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if they're not gonna make a differance why waste money on them.

well that was a question, with bad phrasing. Will the HID's make a difference, i've only 1 comment from biker.ie saying it's the dogs bollix, no one else has said anything :S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

From what I've heard HID kits are well worth the money, have yet to get them myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Unless your changing the light for one designed for a hid bulb don't bother, It might be better for you but a pain in the hole for everyone else. I ****ing hate being blinded by cars/bikes with with these crap conversion kits.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Unless your changing the light for one designed for a hid bulb don't bother, It might be better for you but a pain in the hole for everyone else. I ****ing hate being blinded by cars/bikes with with these crap conversion kits.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

tyvm evil, was gonna order one of those HID kits in a day or two, i'll see what those guys in cherry orchard can do for me, i'll see if they're just gonna fit the kit, or if they'll change the relfectors aswell. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Xios wrote: »
    well that was a question, with bad phrasing. Will the HID's make a difference, i've only 1 comment from biker.ie saying it's the dogs bollix, no one else has said anything :S

Get your alarm off chopper on biker.ie , he is going to be the cheapest (and he is near enough to kilcock) , and ask him his opinion about the lights (he has a rep for not selling you something you don’t need)

Advertisement