Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Registration for second hand car

Options
  • 10-12-2009 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

My Dad bought a second hand car at the beginning the October. Since then he has been waiting for the car dealership to sort out the vehicle registration on his car to get taxed. He is still yet to get the registration for the car, and he has just been getting excuse after excuse from the dealership (ie its been sent, but the processing centre in Athlone is to blame etc) This sounds really dodgy to me. Anyone got any opinions on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did your dad actually sign a change of ownership form? (back of the reg cert)

I don't suppose the garage keeps photocopies of completed changes of ownership?

The garage can contact the Dept of Environment in Shannon (061365000) and simply ask if the change has been received (mail is all scanned there, so they can tell you if they received it)

My guess is they didn't have the cert in the first place, or never sent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Thanks for the reply.

They showed my Dad photocopies of what was apparently sent to Shannon, but this was from the middle of October. I bought a car in September and received the new registration form in about a week and a half. I cant believe that there is this much of a delay.

Would I be able to ring the department and ask them about the registration application, or will they only divulge this to the person who sent it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Advertisement