Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Chinese Bank Account

Options
  • 10-12-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭

I guess this is the best place to post this, hopefully somebody here can advise me.

I would like to open up a joint account in my name and my fiancée's name as it would :-

1) Be convient to get a replacement card/funds if my wallet is lot or stolen when I'm there (like last visit!) (if its an Irish account she will have a card also, if its a Chinese one I can just go to my "local" branch and ask for a new card)
    2) Make withdrawing funds cheaper and more convenient for paying for our wedding there, she will be obviously doing most of the organising so she can have immediate access to funds as they are needed.
    3) Immigration will look favourably at a joint account in both our names when it comes to getting her a visa to move here.

Is it possible to set up such an account in China, what's the best bank to do it in and cheapest to wire money to?
    If not possible in China, is it possible to get a dual Irish bank account and have a named person in China on it also, so she can use her Irish card over there?

Xie xie.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement