Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for New Years Eve

Options
  • 10-12-2009 6:15pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So the time comes again when we have to work out what the fcuk we are all going to do for new years eve. Usually I would not even think of going into town - but I'm actually considering it this year. I have a big group of mates that want to stick together and no one is brave enough to have a party. Usually I do it but this year I just cannot be fcuked with all the hassle. So unless someone else volunteers, I'm thinking of seeing if anything is going on in town that I could just get everyone into. Taxi's are not impossible to get and I would not mind being at a gig with good DJ's and just going a bit crazy.

There is no way I'm going to Tripod etc I'd prefer somewhere less well known - I'd just like somewhere that is not going to be completely rammed to the rafters (or am I just asking for the impossible).

There is this on in Kennedy's which might be an option - great lineup but its pretty small. I heard they might be doing another one of those warehouse raves which actually could be great craic, but its not definite as of yet.

Can anyone else think of good ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Kennedy's would be my choice, although you wont get me near Town on New Years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Biggest pile of ****e of a night in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Rent out a function room / small venue, and get a couple of mates to DJ. Maybe ask the Pint if they've anything booked yet? If I'd a rake of people wanting to hit town than I'd do that. I'll be sticking to a house party myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Gonna be boarding down the slopes of Pas De La Casa in Andorra for new years - its Ibiza on ice apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

isnt that whistler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

SteveDon wrote: »
    Gonna be boarding down the slopes of Pas De La Casa in Andorra for new years - its Ibiza on ice apparently!

Ya , and temple bar is Ibiza in an anorak allegedly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Was due to go to the Dam with the missus but we're in the middle of moving house and we couldn't get a babysitter for a few days either so that put paid to that and Moondance in London too BUT ive seen this on in Leeds and for the grand total of 5 POUNDS you really cannot complain (you wouldn't get a pint in town for a fiver)love it :)

He'll probably be completely crap but Bez is a legend and The Stoned Roses are one of the best cover bands around so really look forward to a nite of Madchester and Club Classics. :)

http://www.needtickets.com/details/275929,37301,2009-12-31/New+Years+Eve,+Bez+%28happy+Mondays%29,+Stoned+Roses+%28live%29,+Tony+Green,+Tommy+K-tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

And if we fancy a change of scenary we can always head over to Basics, only £15 too open until 6am with free afterparty :):)

http://www.ticketarena.co.uk/leeds/my-house/back-basics-new-years-eve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Tribe @ the Twisted Pepper, Drum and Bass and then back home to a bottle of brandy and some jawrocking tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

I shall be heading to Kennedys mesmelf, a couple of me mates are on deck duty, should be a guddun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

rented out an apartment to have a bit of session in, goin to bring up decks and have a bit of a party among 20 or so mates, saves on the hassle of someone holding a party in their own house, this way everyone whos there is responsible as everyone paid for the apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

brianc27 wrote: »
    rented out an apartment to have a bit of session in, goin to bring up decks and have a bit of a party among 20 or so mates, saves on the hassle of someone holding a party in their own house, this way everyone whos there is responsible as everyone paid for the apt.

This is probably the best new years option I've heard from anyone. Well done man

Advertisement