Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to / from the O2

Options
  • 10-12-2009 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering are there any buses to and from the O2 to the center of town?
    Going to Depeche Mode tonight!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

No, wouldn't think so with the amount of people around, just walk it, it's only 20minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I was just wondering are there any buses to and from the O2 to the center of town?
    Going to Depeche Mode tonight!
    Thanks.

Isn't the new Luas extension just opened serving the O2 from Connolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yep the new luas is open since Tuesday, seems the easiest way - otherwise walk

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

I often see a bus to the O2 on Stephen's Green. Seems to leave on the side opposite the Shelbourne Hotel...but I don't know if it goes every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Luas, forget buses.

Luas.

The Luas goes down there.

You can get the Luas if you like.

There's a Luas leaving centre of town from Smithfield, Bridewell/4 Courts, Jervis St SC (Abbey St) and also Abbey St near the Malborough St junction, Store St...

Personally i would get the Luas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

What's it like getting the Luas from The O2 after a gig? Do they line up a few trams to get everyone out of there as quickly as possible or is it complete chaos?

I'm going to two gigs at The O2 in the near and slightly distant future and I live on the red line so it's handy to get the Luas all the way there and back.

JJ wrote: »
    What's it like getting the Luas from The O2 after a gig? Do they line up a few trams to get everyone out of there as quickly as possible
    You would think thats what they would do, but this is Ireland we do things differently.

How was the gig anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

shouldn't this be in Dublin City Fourm

coldwood92 wrote: »
    shouldn't this be in Dublin City Fourm
    No, becasue we are about to turn this thread into an onslaught on people who like Depeche Mode. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

No, becasue we are about to turn this thread into an onslaught on people who like Depeche Mode. ;)

"What are you talking about? Depeche Mode....absolute legends."
    Ok now we're back on track. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Oh I see How were Depeche Mode last night

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

They were very good as always.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

JJ wrote: »
    What's it like getting the Luas from The O2 after a gig? Do they line up a few trams to get everyone out of there as quickly as possible or is it complete chaos?
    I was at Eddie Izzard last Tuesday and The Prodigy on Friday and was shocked to see some actual organisation for a change.

If anybody is going to a gig there just get a return ticket as it's easier for getting on the LUAS on the way back.

After the gig they have the LUAS('s) lined up and they have two queues set up. One for people with return tickets, and the other for people to get a ticket. Then everybody queues up and they fill each LUAS up and let it head off on it's merry way.
    No pushing, shoving, LUAS trams going the wrong way, clueless CIE staff, police telling people that they'll have to walk back to town. Only for I could smell the Liffey I could've sworn I was in one of fordin European cities.

Advertisement