Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Hospital to Newcastlewest bus?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Is there any bus service between the Mid West Regional Hospital and Newcastlewest, does anyone know? I don't see a stop marked on the Bus Eireann timetable at Raheen/Dooradoyle for the Limerick to Tralee service. Any info appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

usually you just wait at the hospital stop and when you see it coming just put your hand out to stop the bus, this stop serves patirckswell and adare also so you should have no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

sonyair wrote: »
    usually you just wait at the hospital stop and when you see it coming just put your hand out to stop the bus, this stop serves patirckswell and adare also so you should have no problem

Thanks for that, sonyair. I was able to find a timetable with those clues! Looks like a very limited service, but better than nothing :).

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

iora_rua wrote: »
    Thanks for that, sonyair. I was able to find a timetable with those clues! Looks like a very limited service, but better than nothing :).
    Its not that limited, it leaves on the half hour every hour from the bus station, it usually arrives at the regional at about 10 to the hour, but be there early just in case.

Thanks munsterdevil - I'm either reading an old schedule, or reading the current schedule wrong, so to speak! But if we stand there long enough, maybe three will come along at once. . .

Anyway, thanks folks, that's all helped to sort a transport hiccup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

iora_rua wrote: »
    Is there any bus service between the Mid West Regional Hospital and Newcastlewest, does anyone know? I don't see a stop marked on the Bus Eireann timetable at Raheen/Dooradoyle for the Limerick to Tralee service. Any info appreciated, thanks!
    I'm on this bus every day.

You should get one of the following:
    13 Tralee
    14 Killarney
    321 Newcastle West (sometimes Ballingarry)

There's usually at least 1 of those stopping there every hour at about xx.45

The 321 isn't an hourly service though.

• Advertisement

PJTierney wrote: »
    I'm on this bus every day.

You should get one of the following:
    13 Tralee
    14 Killarney
    321 Newcastle West (sometimes Ballingarry)

There's usually at least 1 of those stopping there every hour at about xx.45

The 321 isn't an hourly service though.

That's great for future info. I thought it all sounded a bit erratic! As it happened on the day we travelled, 'a bus' (don't ask me which one!) arrived just as we got to the bus stop - and we were let off in NCW, so all sorted.

Thanks for confirming the schedule and bus numbers - just hope they don't all get changed around for 2010!

Happy New Year to all you helpful folk! :):)

Advertisement