Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wood Pellet Boiler recommendations

• 10-12-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭

I've tried searching through this forum for recommended WP boilers but there's a lot of conflict out there (and a lot of suppliers no longer in business). Can anyone who has one installed and is satisfied with it in terms of its reliability and after sales service please send me on the details.

The boiler will be used to heat a 2,000 square foot 1.5 storey house with a good level of insulation (not sure of BER rating yet). We're planning on building a bulk storage room to house the pellets so at this stage are only looking at sourcing the boiler and have a budget of about 5 - 6 K.

While there will undoubtedly be the inevitable "I recommend you don't get one" recommendations any help/advice/positive recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nick did you happen to see buyer beware on RTE last night, they had a section on WP boilers....

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

CombatCow wrote: »
    Nick did you happen to see buyer beware on RTE last night, they had a section on WP boilers....

CC

I did... and that's partly why I'm here. :-)
    I know this country is run by twats and there are plenty of green cowboys looking to fleece the SEI system at every opportunity but surely there's at least one company out there with a proven & reliable boiler that is backed up by good after sales service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Seanbec

NickTellis wrote: »
    I did... and that's partly why I'm here. :-)
    I know this country is run by twats and there are plenty of green cowboys looking to fleece the SEI system at every opportunity but surely there's at least one company out there with a proven & reliable boiler that is backed up by good after sales service.

I have a wood pellet boiler from <SNIP> with just over a year now. The only problem so far was an element went about 2 months after the commishioning which <SNIP> own engineer did, I rang <SNIP> and they sent the engineer out the following morning with a new element which was alot heavier duty than the original one and I havent had any problems since. The reason I went with <SNIP> was because they had a good price and I was able to see two boilers working near me and both these customers had nothing but praise for them. Hope this helps

Mod edit: For your first post you got in some good advertising. Seriously, read the charter before posting again.

Any recommendations via PM only.

Advertisement