Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writing an essay on following topics...

Options
  • 10-12-2009 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Da Valera 'Dismantling the Treaty', Cumann Na Ngael 'Consolidating Democracy' and the 1916 Rising how would you organise each one?
    Each have to be between 8-10 paragraphs.

For the CNGael one, I have
    1)Intro-Just mention them coming to power in 1923 Elections, who formed them and who they were led by and how their aim was to establish law and order and consolidate democracy in Free State in midst of Civil War.

2nd Paragraph-Organising Civil Service and Administation. Adopted a conservative approach of goverment mirrowing British system in place before.

3rd Paragraph-Restoring Law and Order. Kevin O'Higgins responsible. Introduced several harsh measures.
    Ordered execution of 77 IRA men.
    Formed Civic Guard later renamed An Garda Siochana
    Eoin O'Duffy succesful in creating effective unarmed police force
    Pub
    Public Safety Act
    Succesful in restoring law and order. Creation of unarmed force has been suggested of removing gun from Irish Politics.

4th Paragraph-Economy

5th- Army Mutiny

6th-

7th-

8th-Conclusion

What would you write for paragraph 6 and 7? Also what would you write in conclusion.

Could you help me with heading for other two essays? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I can imagine a history teacher going through a bundle of identical essays, after all of his or her students have been sniffing around the history forum to see what developments there have been on this thread.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

6 Border Commission

7 work on the Commenwealth ie Statues of Westminster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I can imagine a history teacher going through a bundle of identical essays, after all of his or her students have been sniffing around the history forum to see what developments there have been on this thread.:pac:

There is only so much to write about, its the students who read this and perhaps get something extra who get the best marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Locked. There's a leaving cert forum for leaving cert questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement